Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I shot my first gopro video at the track using a sticker WoCase mount on my tail fairings:
I'm a bit disappointed about the shaking, especially when hitting the apexes. Here's a sample during the warm up lap at thunderbolt:
https://youtu.be/zXmRmhT1jrU
This is the same clip after processing with the youtube software stabilizer. Still lot of shaking in the corners:

Is the shaking because of my bike settings? Are there ways to limit the mount shaking? I'd rather use a fairings mounts.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Not sure about the shaking, curious about that, but the Youtube stabilizer makes the video seem glitchy, likely attempting to correct movement.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Fairings vibrate quite a bit so that's probably the cause of the shaking. Finding a more solid spot to mount it to will help. Also, videos in which only the scenery are visible will typically look shakier because the camera is always moving relative to the environment. But if you have either yourself or your bike in the frame then you won't notice the shaking as much because the scene contains objects that are moving with the camera.

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
I have great luck with mine on the tail, but I point it forward so I can see my body position.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a lanyard on there too, in case it falls off.
yeah i have custom made tethers for mine as well. 1/16 vinyl coated steel cable, with 3/16 ferrel stops(pinch stops) with this youre able to make them as long or as short as you want them. i know the 3m tape is SOLID. i just didnt trust the tether it comes with so i went heavy duty. some things you can half ass(like painting a gas cap) others you don't. like a tether for $400 camera

1 - 11 of 11 Posts