1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have any experience with these two security alarm systems:

- GORILLA 2-Way Paging Motorcycle Alarm System
- Scorpio sr-i500

Seems like both have very similar features but the Gorilla is almost half that of Scorpio. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just ordered a scorpio for my bike. It was a lot more costly than the gorilla but I have heard a lot of good threads on the scorpio about how easy it is to install and the features it offers. Haven't heard too much about gorilla.

The way i see it, is if someone wants your bike there going to take it theoretically... but with an alarm, their chances of succeeding are greatly reduced. Plus, it brings down your insurance in some cases.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just got the Scorpio after bike got scratched by some asswad who was not man enough to come clean and man up. Still installing didnt like the factory conecter Kit only came with turn signal connection and cheesy conectors for the rear light. The turn signal connectors just add more crap under the seat so I'm soldering and installing resistors to slow down the blink rate cost .99 for two at frys. I bought the alarm mainly for perimeter sensor and tilt alarm. I was going to build my own with just a tilt sensor but after the scratch the perimeter sensor sounded nice and I couldn't find the parts to create my own could of bought sensor from scorpio I think they run about $30.00 then add to the alarm i was going to build but after the scratch that cost $100 to fix the idea of having two way paging so I could pounce on the next Vandal seems like the way to go. Should have it completed today and will let you know if it was worth the price and how well the two way works.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i bought the lm508 from west coast cycle, http://www.wcc-tech.com/spyLM508.htm

you can get it shipped for less than $110.

There are no plugs for plug n play install, but if your handy with a soldering knife you can get it dont.. have to tap in to ~8-10 wires IIRC.. its got 2-way paging, motion sensor, remote start, remote kill... its badass.. i love mine..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts