Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right 174 miles per tank.....All highway, nuthin but back and forth to work at a steady 75 m.p.h. 45 miles each way. Plus, when I filled up there was still .8 gallons left!!! I was just happy, with gas at $2.99 for 89 here, it feels pretty good......

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
i do not get that kind of mileage good for you

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^^Trust me , it wasn't very exciting, all sixth gear...straight line there, straight line back...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I am still not sure what I get per tank. I could never top off. I try but it doenst work. besides I never keep it under the speed limit so I know that kills gas

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BiGxbOix510 said:
I only get 120 miles per tank on 91 octane with 15/45 and the light starts to blink...and thats 90% highway (6th gear 8000RPM @ 75-80mph) My exhaust is so annoying droning like that at that high rpm.
Yeah my light was blinking for awhile but I hate stopping to fuel up. I'm still runnin stock exhaust, so it's not bad......

·
Registered
174 Posts
I usually squeeze about 130 to 140 per. Although I did get 170 one time, when I ran out of gas... DOH!! Fuel guage was down to the last bar but never started blinking like it usually does-

·
Registered
102 Posts
More or less, octane is a measure of how slow fuel burns, thats it.. The higher the octane, the slower the burn of the fuel, which ironically could translate to less power. Higher octane does have the POTENTIONAL for more power because spark timing can be increased (slower burning mean's more less prone to detonation). CarCraft magazine did a test where they tested 87, 89, 93, and 104 octanes vs eachother. The lowest octane gas produced the MOST power, by almost 1 percent across the board.

However, they retested the potentional by increasing the spark lead on the cars to the maxuimin before they could here knock. The 104 tolerated the most lead at 38 degrees while the 87 could only muster 32 degress. Both 89 and 93 had 36 degrees. In this case the 87 made the least amount of power by 6, while the 89 produced the most. Both the 93 and the 104 made the same power (the reasoning being that 38 degrees was past optiumin for that motor.)

·
Registered
520 Posts
nicely done i get about 175-185 miles to the tank and i usually have between .3 and .5 gallons left. I put in 87 octane along with my own freedom fuel additive. my riding is about 80% highway. And i also tuck in 95% of the time in the freeway.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
the owners manual says 86 or higher use the cheap stuff man unless you hear it knock or ping then go up a step till it doesn't.... one of my buddies has a 04 GSXR 1000 and actually gets better mileage out of 87 but the manual says only 91 or higher for his... he just alternates between tanks of 87 and 91. i just started running 87 by the way so i will let you know how it goes... gone through two tanks so far and nothing wrong yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts