Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a 3 1/2 hr ride home almost all interstate in the cold and wind today in the north east. How cold was it in Maine today? It was snowing 4-6 inch's up by the Canada boarder today. I picked it up in Mass it has 11,580 miles on it. Soooo much different then my 06 even though all my ride time was interstate I can see huge differences between the year's. This weekend we have some amazing weather coming and I'm off from work so I'll get a lot of seat time in on the new RR

·
Registered
940 Posts
Congrats!! That is one beautiful bike.

Elaborate on the differences other than weight obviously. Are you going to keep the old bike?

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats!! That is one beautiful bike.

Elaborate on the differences other than weight obviously. Are you going to keep the old bike?
As of now I'm keeping it. It is on craiglist but I have it priced high so no real offfers are coming in. I'm thinking of making it a track bike. The 08 is so much more flickable, most of my ride home was interstate but the little I did have on other roads it was so different then my 06. I can feel the weight difference and the bike is narrower. I'm not that tall and I can just about get both feet flat footed on this one where my 06 I cant. Its deff a more refined updated and better bike.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I love my 09! Its my first bike and Im never getting rid of it plus I think its the best body styling to date. My buddys gf has the graffiti and she added purple accents and it looks sick, congratz!

·
Registered
228 Posts
i went from an 03 to an 08. HUGE difference. congrats man its a gorgeous bike. any plans for it yet?

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would love to find me a set of those black OEM rearsets for my bike! If you decide to get a set of aftermarket sets keep me in mind for those OEMs!
I will, I have some stuff planned and some stuff already bought but who knows what will come down the road later on.

Very nice! Congrats!

Thank you!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm jealous of your black rearsets and subframe! Why didn't honda make all the 600's with black subframes :(
I think they started it in 07 with the swing arm, Im assuming thats what you meant by subframe. all the 07 and up Ive seen are black atleast thru 09 like mine. As for the pegs Idc about the color my shoes will be on them haha:grin2:

·
Registered
874 Posts
I think they started it in 07 with the swing arm, Im assuming thats what you meant by subframe. all the 07 and up Ive seen are black atleast thru 09 like mine. As for the pegs Idc about the color my shoes will be on them haha:grin2:
I was referring to that piece of silver frame that goes underneath the tail and is connected to the passenger pegs.

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today was the first day I got some seat time on the bike w/ out it being interstate riding like when I brought it home last night. I'm thoroughly impressed with how the 08 is improved over the 06. It feels so much lighter, it is even more flickable and nimble its just overall such a big improvement. The new exhaust will be here tomorrow and I have a new set of Q3's on their way.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Dude I hope you looked into a Toce exhaust with the black mid-pipe option! That's the ONLY exhaust I'd put on that blacked out beauty. I'm in the process of blacking mine out and the Toce with black mid-pipe is gonna be the final piece to the puzzle on mine. When I can **** out about $600 that is.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts