Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I finally got my first street bike, I've ridden dirt and quads before, but this is quite different and I love it. I am starting out small on a ninja 500r. I am planning on getting a 600rr later, but i'm just going to wait and get better at street riding first. i'd post pics, but it's just your avg 500r so I don't really see the point. if anyone wants to go riding out here around pendleton, i'll be able to by next month.

·
Registered
396 Posts
congrats and enjoy the bike. glad you didn't let you ego get ahead of you and jump straight for the super sport. have fun and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Wise choice brutha. By the time you DO get to a supersport you'll be very glad you started with the 500. Just keep an eye out for group rides from a good handfull of us out here in Daygo. We'll watch yer back ;o)

P.S. Watch out for rides with USMCR6 aka "Mr.Double Yellow Crosser" . . . .Bwuahahahahahahahahahaha ;o)

K

·
0 Posts
Take a look over at http://www.ex-500.com/ . It's like 600RR.net, only it's focused on the 500R. lots of good information to know about the EX and street riding in general.

come stop by!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Good choice for a first bike bro...learn on it and then get one of those sexy new 07 RRs!

·
Registered
145 Posts
welcome and nice choice for the first bike. I had a ninja 250 then 750 then to the 600rr. Start slow and be patient.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Congrats on the bike..You can make ex500's pretty sick..They're cheap to race too..

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Welcome! I did the same thing a couple of years back and the transition to the RR was pretty comfortable. I rode a naked 400 for about a year and have no regrets - really made me appreciate the differences - advantages and disadvantages of the RR. Have fun!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Knightslugger said:
Take a look over at http://www.ex-500.com/ . It's like 600RR.net, only it's focused on the 500R. lots of good information to know about the EX and street riding in general.

come stop by!
Thanks for the heads up, I will be sure to check them out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts