Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first ticket for no mirrors, my fault, can take the blame for that one. Second, within less than a quarter of a mile from first said ticket, was for not having any mirrors, but when the cop refused to see the first ticket, and wanted my licence and registration only, ran my info then asked me for the first ticket. I went off on him, and he gave me a ticket for "no rear red reflector". Is this really a motorcycle requiremnet in the state of Florida? I made my own f.e. that puts the plate against the battery tray. Thanks for any advice.

Billy

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've gotten tickets for no mirrors, no red reflector, and improper tag placement several times. When I got them, they were fix-it tickets (fix the violation, show it to any cop, and have him sign the back of the ticket). Then take it to the courthouse and pay 5 bucks. Don't know if it's still like that, but it should say so on the ticket.
Good luck. And btw, Daytona City cops don't like us very much, but I've been quite lucky with Volusia County cops in the past. Just be respectful at all times and you may receive the same in return.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I know in PA you have to have one red, rear deflector and it has to be a certain size as well.

Of course that cop was being a prick and most would not site you for that crap but it only takes one. :(

Jason

·
Registered
666 Posts
YES!

The 2004 Florida Statutes

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES Chapter 316
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL View Entire Chapter

316.415 Reflectors.--Every motorcycle and motor-driven cycle shall carry on the rear, either as part of the taillamp or separately, at least one red reflector. A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.

Here is where I found it:
http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0316/SEC415.HTM&Title=->2004->Ch0316->Section%20415#0316.415

It is the same for GA
(a) Every motor vehicle manufactured after March 12, 1954, and operated upon a highway, other than a truck tractor, motorcycle, or motor driven cycle, shall carry on the rear, either as a part of the taillights or separately, two red reflectors, and every motorcycle and every motor driven cycle shall carry on the rear at least one red reflector, meeting the requirements of this Code section.

I do not have any on my RR :twisted:

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
now that bike week is over its revenue time the mirrors ticket is valid the guy is looking out for your survival and you should not ride with any mirrors
the reflector one is BS just my 0.02 cents good luck

·
Registered
401 Posts
you should've kept your cool, he was just doing his job, checking on the first ticket, If everyone said that they allready recived a ticket earlier, then no one would ever get a ticket. respect them and you will be respected also, that is not 100% true but 99.9%.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
ashton said:
you should've kept your cool, he was just doing his job, checking on the first ticket, If everyone said that they allready recived a ticket earlier, then no one would ever get a ticket. respect them and you will be respected also, that is not 100% true but 99.9%.
Right. But the cop refused to LOOK at the ticket at first. That's just silly.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would've kept my cool, but I'm a believer in "treat others the way you would like to be treated". The 1st officer, very polite, I to was polite. 2nd officer, not polite. Just because you have a badge and a gun doesn't mean jack to me. I grew up in a family of cops, I know how to respect them but when 2nd officer deosn't even give me a reason why he's pulling me over before he asks for my paperwork, then when i ask why and he gets loud with me.... GAME ON A$$HOLE.

·
Registered
130 Posts
As the Starboys say it: [email protected]#k the Police. Cops are out for revenue, that's all.
It's funny with me about cops. I respect them, yet can't stand them
Clubcar18, I know it sucks, your just another victim of our country's corrupt law enforcement system.
Uh-oh, i just spoke bad about some cops again. My bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts