Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow. just wow. what a difference. I was thinking of going lighter but I'm very glad I made this decision.

hard to see in, but easy to see out of, no need to wear sunglasses during the day.

check the difference.

Before

After

·
Registered
307 Posts
Its not as dark as you would think right?! makes you happy you didn't get light smoke. I've never used the clear shield on my arai because the dark smoke never comes off. I can actually see better through the darksmoke at night than the mirrored shield on my scorpion.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I only ride with a smoked mirror screen. Works well daytime or nighttime.

Nice shark helmet :beer:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
cant see shinola out of it at night.. dont know what u guys are talking bout.. no street lights here.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Conflicting responses, so heres a question. Are dark visors or smoked visors a good idea at night time? Because if not I'll just wear some shades during the day and on my ride home take them off. :drunk:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not sure about your states but I know in Washington and Oregon it's illegal to wear any kind of tinting at night. I usually stuff my clear one into my bag or just wear shades. I can't see at night out of my dark, mirrored, or red visor anyways.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i only put the clear on if im leaving my house really late at night, if ive been out all day and am coming back after dark, the tinted visor is fine

·
Registered
307 Posts
dark visors aren't a "good" idea for night riding, but it's doable, especially if there are street lights on your route.

if it's real dark out I have a pair of mechanics impact glasses I put on n ridee with the visor open. but I'm hardly out at night n if i am, the ride isn't that long

·
Registered
78 Posts
I thought the dark smoke was too dark at night as well, so I got a mirror finish which seems like a good compromise for both day and night riding.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I ride with the dark smoke day and night... I live in the country (Va) so the roads can get a little dark, but that just keeps me at a safe speed anyway :p. Most of my night riding involves I-81 (no street lights) for 35+ miles. I really like it darker. I can see fine on the road, but I cant see much off the road which means I would be kinda Focked if a deer starts wandering close and I don't see it... other than that I have to keep reminding myself that I am NOT in a video game lol because that's exactly what it looks like on the highway at night

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I ride with the dark smoke day and night... I live in the country (Va) so the roads can get a little dark, but that just keeps me at a safe speed anyway :p. Most of my night riding involves I-81 (no street lights) for 35+ miles. I really like it darker. I can see fine on the road, but I cant see much off the road which means I would be kinda Focked if a deer starts wandering close and I don't see it... other than that I have to keep reminding myself that I am NOT in a video game lol because that's exactly what it looks like on the highway at night
hahaha i love this response. LOL video game.. lol deer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's hard bookn' on the hwy @ 120+ at night weavn' in and out of traffic with my dark smoke visor on.. Wouldn't recommend it for nighttime use.. But daytime it works GREAT! :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought a new helmet since my other one was over 5yrs old. I wear glasses, so I bought thetinted visor as well. It beats swapping between regular glasses and sunglasses. best $50.00 ever spent so far.

·
Registered
785 Posts
i just ordered a blue mirror for my rf1000. i was also afraid of night riding issues but i guess i can just carry my clear visor with me

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I run the dark smoke on my Arai's and they are not a good idea at night. You can only see big shapes, no detail.

Never run a light smoke so I can't comment on that.

·
Premium Member
6,498 Posts
Photochromatic visor FTMFW!! :rocker:

^^^for those of you that don't know what that is.... Its a two in one, dark during the day and clear during the night... and I never have to swap... weRd!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts