Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my bike back together ( bought it wrecked)

1st..... left turn signal stays lit, it will work properly when i turn the left blinker on and when i cancel it it stays lit.

2nd....after a mile down the road on a test ride the FI and hsdm light came on... when i got it home i turnt it off and then back on and it came on when the fuel inj was priming but then shut off. ..

3rd... my guages all work but the speedometer doen't work....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Trace signal wires

With a multi meter and a 9 volt battery you can do all the testing you need on the lights themselves. If either the front or rear bulb is blown or partially blown (this can happen where the filament is broken but makes contact with the leads when bumped) it will give you the steady light on your turn signal. Check the fuses first.
In the wiring harness connections sometimes the reed pin will push back into the molex (plastic connector). Check the bulbs to save time. Use the 9 volt battery with a 6 inch long speaker wire. On the bulb the center button is the positive and the outside metal with the holding pins are the negative. You can cross them and it wont hurt the bulb.

With the bike running.

When you check the molex connectors hook up the multi meter to the negative side of the battery first. The positive needs to be touched to the positive side of the molex. The reading will fluctuate and that is all you are looking for. After you check the positive change the multimeter setting to the continuity setting. This will give you an audible sound when there is a connection. Test the negative side of the molex.

As for the EFI light (F1) I would spend some time running it by the dealership. I suggest making friends with one of the mechanics in the back. Most of them get paid far less than they deserve and could use some extra coin on the side. Some will do it for some beers.

Keep us posted on your results and good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts