Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing tons of people changing bikes likes their pants and i was starting thinking why there are ppl out there that are doing so.
I mean i got my RR two years ago(first bike with an engine at all), put 20k km on her and spent several hours learning the handle etc....i'm still improving myself and i'm pretty sure that i still have HUGE room for improvements. I will probably keep this bike for several years since right now the limit is the pilot and not the machine.
i'm the only that think so? do people get the hell out of a 600rr in just 3k km so them become bored in a couple of months?
if so please give me your learning manual since seems that mine doesn't work well in this direction.

Or is just a way to spend some money?

Please don't take me wrong, i'm not complaining ppl that change bike every month(is a smarter way to "waste" some money than several others) but i'm just curios to know what is behind this choice.

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
I'm seeing tons of people changing bikes likes their pants and i was starting thinking why there are ppl out there that are doing so.
I mean i got my RR two years ago(first bike with an engine at all), put 20k km on her and spent several hours learning the handle etc....i'm still improving myself and i'm pretty sure that i still have HUGE room for improvements. I will probably keep this bike for several years since right now the limit is the pilot and not the machine.
i'm the only that think so? do people get the hell out of a 600rr in just 3k km so them become bored in a couple of months?
if so please give me your learning manual since seems that mine doesn't work well in this direction.

Or is just a way to spend some money?

Please don't take me wrong, i'm not complaining ppl that change bike every month(is a smarter way to "waste" some money than several others) but i'm just curios to know what is behind this choice.
I put 50,000 miles on my '06 600rr in 22 months. I put almost that on an '08 1000rr beofre the oil burning got to be too much. 20,000 miles on a 1098S in 11 months. I slowed down with the RSV4, only 40,000 miles in three years.

I get new bikes because I ride a lot, and i like new things.

·
Registered
223 Posts
People have different learning curves and tastes. I liked sportsbikes but I bought a hornet to learn on and after the 15 months I had it I went from novice to up there with the fast guys on their sportsbikes so was a natural progression for me to change bikes and step up.
Some people might of thought they liked a bike and then realised living with it that it wasn't for them.

·
Maynard
7,055 Posts
I've owned 8 bikes in about 3 years. I got bored of them because I kept getting sportbikes yet wanted something different. So then I got a Ducati Monster because it was more comfortable and fun for city commuting which is what my main leisure is with the bike. Oh yeah and part of the reason why I flipped bikes was because I made over $7000 in bikes that I "got bored of."

·
Registered
109 Posts
i just thought it was like a used car when i was younger like why not mix it around and have fun now that I'm a bit older I'm enjoying really finding the center on a bike and choosing which one fits me which i think i have now w/ my 05

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Ain't nothing wrong with trying different brands. If anything you get to see first hand if the grass really is greener on the other side.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I went from a 03 ninja 250, then 1 month later sold it and got a 12' ninja 250. Then 3 months later sold that and bought a ninja 300. The main reason I went through 3 bikes in 4 months was because I wasn't sure if I'd like motorcycles, so I bought the cheapest ninja 250 with a clean title that runs off of CL. I was happy with it but it did start having running issues and I never truly liked the looks of it.... But I loved riding, so much that I just HAD to buy a better bike, but I was still a noob so I moved on up to the 12' ninja 250 which was candy green, man was that a beautiful looking bike. I actually got a few numbers because of that bike ;)

Then it started to get cold and the bike hated to run, it's valves were tight and I couldn't find a trustworthy shop to do it and didn't trust my own skills either... I went to a kawi dealer just to kill some time, he ended up letting me test ride the ninja 300 and I fell in love, the bike is 33% more powerful than the 250 so I was grinning, not to mention I liked the looks better and the fuel injection was a great plus. I sold my 12' 250 and bought the 300.

Now i'm looking at a 600rr because I feel more confident that I would do alright with it opposed to if I had started with it. The cbr600rr 2008 red and black color scheme is the best looking bike in the world (to me), so if/when I get one, i'm keeping it for a long time.

Just because someone swaps bikes, it might just mean that they can't afford the bike they truly want, or maybe they don't know yet... it's kind of like girlfriends, only a few people ever marry their high school sweet heart.... some times you just gotta figure out what you like and don't like about a girl/bike first.

tl;dr- I've gone through 3 bikes in 5 months, mainly because of financial issues to be honest. Some people just need to get the money first and cannot afford a nice shiny awesome bike. Or some people's needs/wants change in a bike.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i've had 15 bikes so far... oh wait... that's cuz i'm really old....
but ya, your riding improves and you want more bike.... bikes improve and you want to upgrade... lots of reasons

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
In 2 years I've had 2. Brand new 2012 CBR250R I bought mid 2013, sold it 12 months later and got an '03 600rr for $1200. Have had it since.

·
BOTM Winner 09/15
1,418 Posts
I've got two bikes, my 2010 600RR which was my first ever bike and that I don't see myself ever getting rid of and a 2014 Ducati Diavel which is my everyday bike. I like having two very difference bikes because it teaches you to ride different styles of machine. If I tried to ride either bike with the style of the other then it wouldn't work nearly as well and that ability to swap and adapt is a useful one to develop IMO.

I'll keep the Diavel for a couple of years tops before swapping for something else, my RR on the other have will always be my sunny weekend toy.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
New bikes for everybody!!

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
No you don't, you want a 2015 Ducati Street Fighter!!

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I've owned 7 bikes but then I'm on the older side too. I have a 13 600RR but I also picked up a 13 Aprilia Tuono V4R about 6 months after. I wanted to try a different brand & style of bike seeing as I've always had Honda sport bikes. I love them both because they are very different bikes & I like the mix.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts