Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a parking ticket in Chicago no white slip inside the envelope so i still dont know what it's for... more importantly the ticket says i have a WI plate (it's an MI plate). I'm thinking I dont actually have to pay this ticket thoughts?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Shoot...if they put you down as WI and you have an MI...I wouldn't...lol

That's like them marking me down as PA, instead of CA. They wouldn't have me down....lol But I hey, I work in telecommunications, not law

·
Registered
97 Posts
It must not be your ticket since it belongs to some one with a WI plate. Some one must be playing a prank on you. Trash it and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so here's the update... I called the chicago police through their 311 number and they said if they have the wrong information it doesn't come back to me and the cop actually told me not to pay it...

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
haha...nice! Glad to hear the cop messed up on writing that ticket.

·
Fabulous Disaster
327 Posts
just pay it
Even when he was told not to........yeah that makes sense. If you want to send me some money for no reason, feel free.

I have family that are LEO's and according to them if any information is wrong on the ticket then they can get out of it. Parking tickets are tracked by the plate numbers. They're not going to do a nationwide search on matching plate numbers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The written ticket information may be incorrect, but the information input into the
system may be right on point.
Dont be surprised if you have contact with law enforcement.

Call an see if any tickets are pending against your plate if you want to be certain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts