Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went the my local honda dealer To get a otd price for 09 ABS model. Remind you that msrp diffrence between none ABS and ABS is $1000.
I got otd price for 09 ABS $10912. what dou you guys think of this. I think it's very good. But I thought I should ask your opinion.
Another local dealer send me a quote over the internet for ABS $12229.42.
They also have many 08's left. None of them are red though. I don't want the orange. Silver or black grafifti. otd price for this was $9500 and some change. what dou you guys think.I should check some other local honda dealers for 08's.

Also about 09's dealers said Honda is going to start shipping them some time in december.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
10.912 for a 600 cc bike is simply nuts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
$8,500 is too low here in Cali for a new 600rr and think it may be the same in NY. I wouldn't go over $10,000 OTD for the ABS and $9,300 for the non-ABS '09. Since it's new and they are sitting on a bunch of '08's I doubt the stealerships will move on '09 the price. Good luck either way bru.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
you cant HANDLE the Orange ! :bitch_plej/k

The price will fall. Or they wont sell... doesnt matter to me, i've got my girl right here...

Though I would LOVE to get that black and green one...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree, I would never spend more than $8,500 on a 600cc bike, I don't care what it has done to it.
Do you guys wonder how much I paid for my 08' 600 RR?

27 fuckin' grand!!!

Thats the retail price for the bike here in Brazil...

That is insane. But... I simply had no option...

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Do you guys wonder how much I paid for my 08' 600 RR?

27 fuckin' grand!!!

Thats the retail price for the bike here in Brazil...

That is insane. But... I simply had no option...
No freakin way... You could of had it imported for less than that couldnt you?

·
Registered
129 Posts
That's sick, you would have been better off buying parts of the bike and putting it together yourself. What made the bike so expensive? I mean having a car shipped overseas is under 10 grand, must be something crazy with Brazil.

I think I need to take one of those ABS models for a ride, I don't think I'm going to like it.

I hope that anyone who wants an ABS 600rr will ride one first, I would hate to see someone stuck with it if they didn't like it.

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
All the Honda dealer's that I've seen here in AZ are blowing the 08's out for $8,799

·
Registered
129 Posts
Offer them less, they'll take it. Take a look at cycletrader.com

There's dealerships taking orders on the 09's for less than that.

Don't accept a dealers price, if they wont lower there price call another dealership and ask if they can beat your dealer. You could save $500-$1,000 by making a couple phone calls.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No freakin way... You could of had it imported for less than that couldnt you?
Don't try to understand what happens here...

100% for taxes (customs) + Assembly (by Honda) + Shipping + Oil

Then comes the profit. And that's where they steal the most.

Our currency here is the "REAL"

1 US$ = 2 REAL

Everything here is freakin expensive.

A CBR 1000 RR costs US$ 32.000,00.
A good helmet (aka ARAI, AGV, SHOEI) costs at least US$ 1.000,00.

Like I said, don't try to understand...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks like he's right guys, I did a little looking around online and they wont even let you have used vehicles imported, only new.

I hope you have good insurance on that bike.

How much do you make a year?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks like he's right guys, I did a little looking around online and they wont even let you have used vehicles imported, only new.

I hope you have good insurance on that bike.

How much do you make a year?
Insurance was 2 grand.

I'd rather not talk about salary online... But is enough.

But sometimes I just get pissed with my country. When you guys talk about prices, I get so frustrated that sometimes I think about stop riding. But as soon as I remember that my life is right now, I forget about the money government steals from us brazilians.

But this is a subject for a dedicated topic.

Sorry n3dmax. I didn't meant to change your initial subject.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Holy crap that's expensive!! I would never be able to afford a bike if they cost that much. How much does an average car cost there?

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
Holy crap that's expensive!! I would never be able to afford a bike if they cost that much. How much does an average car cost there?
cars are a different story as there are manufactureing plants for all the big car makers there...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Average here is a 1000cc car with no more than 78hp. Hydraulic steering and air conditioning as default accessories.

Price: US$ 20.000,00

A Toyota Corolla here costs US$ 35.000,00.

A Honda Civic about US$ 40.000,00.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts