1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
ouch that will pocket hurt

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
64 in a 35 on a rural road on federal land. Officer had me put my hands on the hood of his vehicle and ****.

$425. Yay.
Feds don't mess around bro. You really should've laid off the throttle especially if you knew it was fed territory. Just take it to court, may get reduced.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eh, 64 in a 35 zone is pretty bad.
Yeah I'll own up to it. It's a 4 mile stretch of twisty road that you can take at 80+mph and really have fun. Not many cars at all, just the occasional truck pulling a boat, and unfortunately for me a park ranger or two.

Man there are so many other things I could have spent $400 on :( The risk I take with this sport.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Yeah I'll own up to it. It's a 4 mile stretch of twisty road that you can take at 80+mph and really have fun. Not many cars at all, just the occasional truck pulling a boat, and unfortunately for me a park ranger or two.

Man there are so many other things I could have spent $400 on :( The risk I take with this sport.
Yup $400 could've got you some rearsets...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Feds don't mess around bro. You really should've laid off the throttle especially if you knew it was fed territory. Just take it to court, may get reduced.
I'm not even going to bother. Court is a pain in the ass to MAYBE have it slightly reduced. At least they don't report it to the DMV so I don't have to worry about points on my record.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I'm not even going to bother. Court is a pain in the ass to MAYBE have it slightly reduced. At least they don't report it to the DMV so I don't have to worry about points on my record.
Well shoot. $400 and no points is not a bad deal.:five:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow, $425? That hurts. I would agree with LanCo Rider, take it to court, try to make a deal with the prosecutor, hopefully that will save you money and/or points.

Could have been worst in Ontario, if you get caught 50 km in excess of the speed limit you have your car towed, impounded for 7 days (before you are found guilty) in a secure impound facility which you pay for, and get a day in court. The judge decides your fine, and the minimum is $2000 first offence, a max of $10000 and 2 years in jail. Not to mention you license is suspended for 7 days (before you are even found guilty).

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Wow, $425? That hurts. I would agree with LanCo Rider, take it to court, try to make a deal with the prosecutor, hopefully that will save you money and/or points.

Could have been worst in Ontario, if you get caught 50 km in excess of the speed limit you have your car towed, impounded for 7 days (before you are found guilty) in a secure impound facility which you pay for, and get a day in court. The judge decides your fine, and the minimum is $2000 first offence, a max of $10000 and 2 years in jail. Not to mention you license is suspended for 7 days (before you are even found guilty).

He already said there's no points...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ya.. Sorry.. my bad.. I was typing when that was posted.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I got pulled over 2 days ago doin 50 in a 30 no prev offences he reduced the speed to 43 and gave me a writen warning. How long do those stay in file?

·
Registered
945 Posts
I got pulled over 2 days ago doin 50 in a 30 no prev offences he reduced the speed to 43 and gave me a writen warning. How long do those stay in file?
points and tickets stay on your record for 5 years. but you have to have 5 clean years for it to come off!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Ouch! thats a heafty ticket price. Sorry you got caught

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
You got some dumb-ass points...that's for sure.

MP

1 - 20 of 30 Posts