Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn 2day i got a ticket on my way to skool. i had my helmet up cuz i just felt like squidin it out. i just put it up @ the light & as i was going to go make a right turn i heard the boop! boop!, so i immediately pulled over. the cop seemed pretty cool, it was a young hispanic cop, prolly a rookie. he took my papers n went in his car n i was like oh damn here they go again. after he came out he explained to me that there was a supervisor in the car & he was gonna give me a ticket....but he sed he wasnt giving me a ticket for not having a helmet...which he explained carries points, but instead he was giving me a no face shield ticket. now my question is for anyone out there that had the same situation that i have is that can i beat this ticket? can i say that he gave me the wrong ticket? im from nyc if that helps

thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think you knowingly broke the law... So I don't think there is much you can do. It was your choice & you chose to make it.

D

·
0 Posts
damn 2day i got a ticket on my way to skool. i had my helmet up cuz i just felt like squidin it out. i just put it up @ the light & as i was going to go make a right turn i heard the boop! boop!, so i immediately pulled over. the cop seemed pretty cool, it was a young hispanic cop, prolly a rookie. he took my papers n went in his car n i was like oh damn here they go again. after he came out he explained to me that there was a supervisor in the car & he was gonna give me a ticket....but he sed he wasnt giving me a ticket for not having a helmet...which he explained carries points, but instead he was giving me a no face shield ticket. now my question is for anyone out there that had the same situation that i have is that can i beat this ticket? can i say that he gave me the wrong ticket? im from nyc if that helps

thanks
With no eye protection, even at a stop, there's no way to beat it. You're at fault 100%.

...and for the love of god, go to a new school, or at least finally get out of that elementary school you're in. 2day, skool, prolly, sed, cuz...PROPER SPELLING/GRAMMAR MAN!

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts

thanks
He cut you a break for being a squid and tried to help, and you want to drag his ass to court and try to beat the ticket?

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
With no eye protection, even at a stop, there's no way to beat it. You're at fault 100%.

...and for the love of god, go to a new school, or at least finally get out of that elementary school you're in. 2day, skool, prolly, sed, cuz...PROPER SPELLING/GRAMMAR MAN!

I was going to ignore that particular point :tard:

·
Registered
79 Posts
id say just pay the ticket man...prolly wont be much money and no points=no big deal..

im guilty of proppin the helmet up but only on real hot days when idling through parking lots and stuff

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh well **** it then...............thanks for the comments guys...never again will i be a squid

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
for those of you that prop your lid up, do you wear gloves? i know that taking my lid off and on is a pita with gloves on. it must be crazy hot to make you want to do this at red lights.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
the same thing happened to my buddy in NYC (queens) and the cop just let him go...I was riding right in back of him too...oh yea and
imajollypunjabi LOL

·
Registered
802 Posts
I dont understand?
You had your face shield up and got a ticket for that because there was no eye protection? I always wear prescription safety glasses in my helmet anyway and I knew there was an obscure law about eye protection but I've never heard of someone getting a ticket for having their face shield up. Especially waiting at a light!

D

·
0 Posts
I dont understand?
You had your face shield up and got a ticket for that because there was no eye protection? I always wear prescription safety glasses in my helmet anyway and I knew there was an obscure law about eye protection but I've never heard of someone getting a ticket for having their face shield up. Especially waiting at a light!
He had his helmet tilted up.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Each state is different but here not only do you have to have eye protection but it has to be a shatter proof lense if its glasses you are wearing. I never have been stopped and asked about the glasses I was wearing. I did recieve a no eye protection citation from a motorcylce cop who is known for stopping every bike for any little violation. It just started raining so I had my shield tilted about half way up and I saw him just up the road on my left but it was to late. As I was approaching a traffic light he turn his lights on and started to pull out to get behind me but the light turned yellow so I came to a very fast stop and he was on a harley so he had to slam on his brakes so he wouldnt hit me and his front tire went out from under him and he went down. Of course this was my 3rd citation from him so I felt like laughing at him cause I knew I was getting the ticket anyway.

·
Registered
543 Posts
why would someone do this? dont we all have a strap to secure our helmets to our heads during a crash? when it gets really hot all i do is move my visor a 1/4 inch crack and it cools me down and close it before i move....im gonna take a guess and say that he doesnt wear any gear either....

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
LOL.....Who rides with their helmet half ass on their head!!!! Oh you.....Sh*t just don't wear it then, bc its the samething...........

1 - 20 of 34 Posts