Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was going to get my inspection done for the secound time. Because my license plate got stolen. So i get to the inspection and the check everything and tells me that my rear light is not DOT marked.. so i will not pass my inspection... The weired part is that i did't chnage the rear light it is a factory light.... can some one take a pic of there and see if you have DOT marked rear light...

·
Registered
136 Posts
just checked my tail light....its not there.....it may be on the housing inside, though. and since when does a bike have to have a red tail light when the bike is off...? check local laws.....honda can't legally sell a 49-state bike unless its 49-state legal....know what i mean?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But im confused.. The DMV guy told me that it have to be marked DOT on the tail light... but mine is't and i don't think any 600rr is.. so i should not have to change it.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I don't think it has one I can't remember since I sold mine. Just take a DOT sticker from the back of your helmet and stick on the damn thing.

They are just screwing with you, or you have a moron doing the inspection.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing is that on every else lights teher are that freaking DOT mark. and on the rear light only says stanly p(and some nr)

And the guy told me that i have to get a rear light screen where it says DOT or i will not have my ride inspected... GRRRR!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
thank god i moved to florida no inspections here :roll:

·
Registered
419 Posts
maybe only the red color tail light lens need to have them?

·
Registered
337 Posts
got to your local honda dealership, pick up a brochure and show that a*$*$ monkey that's how it comes from the factory. if he still says no, flick him in the forehead.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
what a little prick. i say just go kick his ass. :boxing: he needs it. that's really messed up. too bad there are stupid ass people out there doing inspections on bikes that don't know **** about bikes. they need informed people, that would help....:bitchslap:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hit another DMV or get it privately inspected for 15/20 bucks. I've had a NJ Turnpike guy tell me my Tacoma pickup and single axle trailer added up to 3 total axles....one in front...rear...and trailer. Felt like slaping the idiot and making him crawl under my truck to show me where the mythical 3rd axle was. Do what i do....ride it uninspected until someone gives you grief about it, so far no one has if they even bother to look at the plate.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Go to www.cycleforum.com and post up that you need to get your bike "inspected" and I'm sure a few guys can direct you to a cheap and worry free inspection. More specifically go to the gssc portion of the site (garden state superbike club).

·
Registered
881 Posts
check your manual and see if there is a good description of the tail light. ie: clear, or a diagram that says Stanley on it, then show that mofo clerk from the manual. You're getting grief because of the cars with aftermarket tail lights that are clear that are not DOT approved. You might want to turn on your bike before the next visual inspection.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys for your replys.. whent to a nother inspection station today...And the guys there gave the sticker to me... didn't even check for the DOT mark. So i have my sticker now... The guy that gave it to me hade a 600cc to :p He was cool!

oh yeah a new license plate for thouse how don't know cost $6 in new jersey.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
badass man. be sure to bolt that sucker in good! i'm sure none of us want to see a second post about your plate being taken..... again!!! :mrgreen:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts