Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bike is simply amazing. First gear is pretty damn insane at right around 8000rpms. I've only had it up to about 11k in first and second. That's plenty for me right now. hehe. I love the way the bike handles. It's so damn easy to steer compared to other bikes I've ridden (I guess it should be... it only weighs 400lbs).

This is my first street bike. I rode dirtbikes a lot as a kid, but other than that I have no other bike experience. I read a lot of mixed opinions about whether or not the 600RR is a good first bike. I decided to take the MSF course and then buy one. In my opinion, it's the smartest thing I've ever done. Taking the MSF course gave me a wealth of knowledge that I would never have had without it. And the biggest thing is... this bike was MADE for me. I would have regretted buying an older bike because I constantly would have been staring at new RR's on the street. I absolutely love this bike.

So anyway, thanks for the valuable input over the last few weeks guys. Thanks to Nick at MRI for the great Alpinestars gear and awesome customer service. You guys are great. :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wizard600RR said:
Congrats! Keep the rubber side up and long as you can! :mrgreen:
Always :)

Oh, forgot to mention that I put 110 miles on it yesterday (drove it to all my trouble calls at work, etc). hehe. I was out of town all day today and got home at about 8:30pm. First thing I did when I got out of my work truck was start my bike and let it warm up so I could go cruise for 30 mins before it got too cold. hehehe. Damn bikes :p

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think you got the nicest looking bike I've ever seen. No, seriously. I have the 03 black RR, and the 04 red/black 1000rr and they dont compare looks wise to the 04 black/silver. I might have to add that wing to my 600rr if I keep it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VenusOrguss said:
Congrats!!!!!!! Hey break it in first and take it easy, glad to hear you took the MSF course....best investment you'll ever make. :D
Yeah that's what I'm doing by using a variety of rpm's and engine braking. The dealer actually told me to vary my rpms until I put a full tank of gas through it and then just drive it like it's mine. I think I'll at least go 1 more tank of gas before I really push it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
How's the weather in Utah...still co...co...co...co..cold? I'd moved from their 5years ago. Holladay, Utah...kindda like Beverly Hills right there, John Stockten, Jeff Hornasefh lives around their too? Sorry if I got their names wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts