Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I'm new here... This saturday I just bought my 1st street bike (2006 cbr600RR orange with tribal) after riding dirtbikes and quads since 1994... Its got 2100 miles bone stock with a new rear tire and a warranty till 2012... I paid 6500$ for it is that a good deal? it looks mint condition... I think I got a steal on it!

I been doin motocross for 2 long now and being at college me and my buddies switched over... I didn't get to ride it yet because of the cold weather and its killing me! haha

So I'm sure yinz will be seeing me around here quite often now! heres a picture of me on the bike when I brought it home...

K

·
0 Posts
**EDIT**

Looks like exriders.com doesn't allow off-site LINKS either! You have to be a member to view the photos! I'm guessing they were attachments at one point.

get a free photo account (like photobucket or flickr) and post the link to the picture from there. much smaller headache.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the advice... yep you just attach the picture there... i figured i could just link over to here and it'd work! sorry i'll fix them....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome! Love the orange tribal.

K

·
0 Posts
icy hott stunnas anyone?

brotha', all you need is a silver grill and a gold dolla chain! lol!

first thing's first, lose the rear pegs, the fender, and the rear seat.

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
Welcome! :hello2:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tommy17!

I know you're going to succumb to the temptation of riding her but just know this. Cold weather + cold streets + cold tires = crashed RR if you're not careful. Go slow, take your time, and have a fun man!

Do you have your gear yet?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NewRedRider said:
Do you have your gear yet?

I didn't buy my helmet and jacket and that stuff yet... I'm still shopping around tryin to find matching stuff... Probably goin with a shoei picotte helmet (the orange jester one) and a orange black and white alpinestar jacket... still shoppin around for the rest...

I'll def wear full gear when I ride... Its saved my life to many times on the MX track...

Future mods on the bike are yoshi pipe, double bubble screen, fender elminator with integrated lights, a few things from tapeworks along with a tank protector, and more...

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Sounds like a good plan! What about the MSF course? Does your state require you to take it? Even if it doesn't it's still a great idea for any new street rider. But the first thing I would do is change the oil. No matter what they said and unless you watched them change it, change that oil. Atleast see what color it is in the inspection window.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NewRedRider said:
Sounds like a good plan! What about the MSF course? Does your state require you to take it? Even if it doesn't it's still a great idea for any new street rider. But the first thing I would do is change the oil. No matter what they said and unless you watched them change it, change that oil. Atleast see what color it is in the inspection window.

I watched them change the oil with 100% full synthetic... I forget the brand name on the bottle if i remember right its amsoil... I talked them into puttin a new rear tire on for me also... i believe its a metzler M3 but it could be a M1...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts