Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 12/08
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I registered to the site a few weeks ago to start looking for my 2008 racebike. I ended up finding one locally on craigslist and in the color I preferred. I picked it up on Wednesday for $7200.

Yes the odometer reading is accurate.

The girl basically bought it in May, rode home and then somewhere else and then parked it ever since. Too tall for her and it clearly got away from her once, just some very minor marks on the left side that you only notice if you're looking for them.

Tomorrow I'll be swapping out the Dunlops for some Diablo Corsas and continue to break it in.

As for me, I've had my MC license since '95, ridden a few 100,000 miles on a bunch of different bikes. Done racing of various types. Started roadracing in '97 and am even more heavily involved in racing now. I should be getting my AMA license for 2008 and plan to do the Supersport race at VIR. As you can see by the pic and my sig, I have a garage full of bike. I have a lot of technical knowledge and do all my maintenance and race setup

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Cool! That's crazy that she took that kind of financial hit on the bike. People just don't think it through when they get stuff like this.

I had an SV too, rockin' bike. I miss the 'twin.

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
wow they didnt even take it around their block! nice find man and nice set of bikes you have there.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think I speak for everyone when I say, "you lucky son of a bitch".

Congrats though, I hope she treats you as good as these 07's have been treating all of us. Phenomenal bikes, I still turn back while walking away from my baby and think "MAN I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT THING". I couldn't ask anything else from a sportbike.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i know of an '07 just like that.... she bought it... took the MSF.. and is getting the run around with her license. But only has like 50 miles or so... kinda the same damage to... dropped it to the side on a corner. May i ask where you picked this up at... might be her??

·
Registered
460 Posts
Great find, lucky you!!! Congratulations.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Lucky you, congrats

·
Registered
152 Posts
great find! i wouldnt mind having a collection like yours... in due time..

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
sweet............and welcome

·
BOTM Winner 12/08
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
where in VA are u?
Loudoun

i know of an '07 just like that.... she bought it... took the MSF.. and is getting the run around with her license. But only has like 50 miles or so... kinda the same damage to... dropped it to the side on a corner. May i ask where you picked this up at... might be her??
Could be. I got it in Centreville.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts