Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked up my bike around 6ish last night. Blk/Slvr. Man, is it sweet. The clutch seems really stiff. I road it home aroun 8pm to avoid the NOVA traffic jam. I made is safely...thank the lord. I road with full gear on..i'm talking about gloves, helmet, fieldsheer m3 jacket/pants and boots. As I was riding home, a noticed a few other riders passing me...some I could tell were commuters and some were kid racers. The commuters were wearing full gear and waved to me..the kid racers were in their tank tops and shorts..they pretty much just glanced at me and just blew right past me. I admit..i got kinda intimidated by them. I'm not trying to race anyone..I just like the feel of riding a bike. All in all..i love the bike. Wrists are a lil sore..but i've adjusted....my ass is sore though..so new seat is a must. I'm going to sign up for the MSF today. I'm just a newbie..so I hope to learn alot from you guys on this forum. Thanks a bunch!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Takin' it easy, wearing your gear, taking an MSF course...sounds like your doing everything right so far. Congratulations on the new bike, your gonna love it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
congrats bud.
you probably want to get familiar with your bike before you go out into the open road... so ride around the neighborhood where traffic is minimal until you get adjusted or until you are comfortable. and yes, take the MSF course if you can get in... peace.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The seats do suck really badly for our bike. Has anyone bought a corbin yet? If you did how do you like it.... is it worth whatever price you paid for it?

H

·
0 Posts
congrats... i remember way-back-when when i got my first bike and the feel of riding for the first time,.... it was sweet... enjoy it and be safe...

·
Registered
726 Posts
Congrats Man. One month ago, I was in the same boat as you. I've learned everything I know off of this place.

Bet of luck and ride safe!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

C

·
0 Posts
Glad you made it home safe. Have fun with the bike. Post picturesup but be sure to remove the swingarm stickers and mudflap ;-)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats man! yeah ive had a few blow-offs for waves... maybe karma will gettem when they are stuck on the side of the road somewhere,,,

Black/Silver looks sweet, i bought the same one last monday! Its a pain in the ass tho... all i can do think about about goin out for a spin lol... i dont get anything done workwise now :(

·
Registered
932 Posts
Gratz man! Don't feel intimidated by the kid racers. Ride at your own pace and ride to have fun! BTW, full marks for taking the MSF course...it shows that you are responsible enough to realize that minimizing risk is the key to enjoying your riding!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Congradulations on your new 600RR. Welcome to the club... :mrgreen:

It's refreshing to read that you are going about things in a responsible and level-headed way. don't worry about those kid racers. at the end of the day you may be a bit slower, but you'll have you're skin and will still be able to ride the next day.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I used to wear padded bicycle shorts under my leathers which worked fine.

Then I got the Corbin and forgetaboutit. The bike runs out of gas before I run out of a$$.

Drain and refill the oil right away (after 20 miles). You won't beleive all the metal casting flakes, gear burs, etc that comes out. Read this:
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Since you are just learning, you may want to go for a dyno break-in.

Your first few hundred miles are the most dangerous you will ever ride.
Don't be scared, just be careful - wear your gear - take the MSF

Go to any session of MSF early and see if they'll let you in for a no-show.

·
Registered
38 Posts
frankie said:
squeeze the tank with your legs more, that will take some weight off of your wrists.

Get sliders.

Have fun.
Just to add, squeeze especially during breaking, i found that was when it was the hardest on my wrists... other than that the wind keeps me feeling pretty comfy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts