Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got my 03 600rr today (first one) and was quite dissapointed.

i bought it off ebay, i have just over 400 transactions and my father and i have bought two cars from ebay so after talking to the seller i was fairly confident. He described the bike as "LIKE NEW" and in one of the messages said it was "BABIED" two of the three pics he had were a bit washed out and poor quality the third was a perfect view of the whole bike from the right side....it was just a bit far away. anyway got it today with the following issues.

all but 3 or 4 of the screws from the wind screen were gone.

hardcore scrapes on right mirror/headlight/front fairing

large scrape w/ paint missing from gas tank

exposed wire that wraps around the frame for some reason

several screws from the left mid fairing were gone

rear seat was rubbed/torn

almost NO oil in it

AND the clutch wont dissengage so everytime i drop it into first the bike dies...

its cleary seen the ground and though the damage seems all cosmetic at this point, the bike is far from "like new" and was by no means "babied".

my dads work (where it was delivered) is less than 20yards away from our mechanic so i just pushed it over there so he can take a quick look.

i paid for it end of july and waited this long just to push it to the shop...not a happy camper.

may post pics later

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
does the bike roll in gear w/ the clutch pulled in?
u might be trying to take off when the kick stand is down, that will kill the engine.

sorry to hear man, thats why i dont make large purchases unless i see it in person.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Holy bad ebay purchase batman, this is why I do it all by sight when buying vehicles, sorry bout the bike though I know how instant-gratification-let-downs go.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
payed 500 paypal and the rest cashiers check and sent the seller a message already.

and he already left me a positive feedback so hes screwed if i leave him a negative.

kickstand could have been the issue which would be 100% my fault and i would have no problem owning up to that (im used to dirt bikes which=no kickstand) but regardless, the bike was not as described...

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i really hope it works out for ya man^
when checking the oil, is the bike on the kick stand, or straight up and down?

always check it w/ the bike straight up and down, on level ground.

K

·
0 Posts
So i got my 03 600rr today (first one) and was quite dissapointed.

i bought it off ebay, i have just over 400 transactions and my father and i have bought two cars from ebay so after talking to the seller i was fairly confident. He described the bike as "LIKE NEW" and in one of the messages said it was "BABIED" two of the three pics he had were a bit washed out and poor quality the third was a perfect view of the whole bike from the right side....it was just a bit far away. anyway got it today with the following issues.

all but 3 or 4 of the screws from the wind screen were gone.

hardcore scrapes on right mirror/headlight/front fairing

large scrape w/ paint missing from gas tank

exposed wire that wraps around the frame for some reason

several screws from the left mid fairing were gone

rear seat was rubbed/torn
so basically all cosmetic. gotcha.

almost NO oil in it
you sure you checked it properly? You don't read the level with the bike on the side stand...

AND the clutch wont dissengage so everytime i drop it into first the bike dies...
That's probably because the Clutch safety trigger/switch is malfunctioning. take a look. otherwise check that the kick stand is up and that the kick stand switch is operating properly.

its cleary seen the ground and though the damage seems all cosmetic at this point, the bike is far from "like new" and was by no means "babied".

my dads work (where it was delivered) is less than 20yards away from our mechanic so i just pushed it over there so he can take a quick look.

i paid for it end of july and waited this long just to push it to the shop...not a happy camper.

may post pics later
The very first thing i would do after i take case of what i suspect is a simple electrical gremlin i'd swap the regulator/Rectifier out with a 2005-2006 Bracket and a 2005-2008 Regulator/Rectifier. I'd also charge the battery and load test it right away as well (190CCA for your reference). I would also check stator winding resistance and R/R output voltage.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Cashier's Check is never a good way of paying for anything off ebay. Once you send a cashiers check you can kiss the money good bye.I would definitely hit up paypal for atleast the 500.00 back. Dispute the transaction and claims for "Not as described". Take alot of pics that you can show paypal. Atleast you may end up with something back to repair the bike since he lied.

As for the bike, I would try and pulling the fairings off and seeing what the damage or rigging my be on the actual wiring or mechanical condition. Fairings can be painted or replaced pretty easy. Sorry to hear about the bike man.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok so there was just an issue with the kill switch on the kickstand, so we are good there. im demanding $500.00 back for sure, if he declines i have all his messages and can get the paperwork that the shippers had when they documented ALL the damage before it went on the truck, either way im sure it will work out.

on a more positive note i did get to ride it and i did so all day, needless to say im in love.....

thanks for the responses/input guys!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i may be wrong but if the bike was crated up and shipped, most shipping companies require you to drain out the gas and oil from the bike, found this out when i was going to buy a crf450 from out of state and have it shipped.....just a thought

1 - 20 of 30 Posts