Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've signed up on the forums a few months back and a few days ago I finally found an 08 CBR600 so I guess im part of the community now. I payed $4,900 which is killer price, but of course there were hidden things, like a bent rim which the owner at least agreed to fix since he wasn't gonna return my money. Other than that the steering stopper was missing, and the lower fairings were changed with the 09 ones, however there seems to be a plastic heat shield missing right where they touch your knees, and on the right side it burns, so i need to find a way to fix this.

I finally got to ride a CBR at least and I gotta say, when I sat on it, it felt good, but once riding it feels hella more agressive. The biggest problem I seem to have is that the clip ons are just 2 far away and I have to lie down to reach them, So I'm looking for new clip ons, ones that reach back to me so I can stay in my seat without reaching forward too much, and also just a tad higher since I will do a lot of daily riding. Just have to see which to get, because I read a few posts here saying that Vortex for instance are too thin and transfer too many vibrations, or some were difficult to get the hand grips on them. Any advice would be appreciated.

P.S. I sat on a R6 at the dealership that told me the rim was bent and I gotta say I quite liked it, the tank was nice and low and there was good room for your knees, Not sure why everyone bashes on their ergos so much when they werent that much diff.

·
Registered
857 Posts
sorry pal but it looks like you dont know what you are doing. be careful and take the MSF class. good luck.

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
so you bought a bike that had been crashed hard? how does sitting on a bike tell you the front wheels is bent?? burning knee sounds like you need to put some pants on..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you bought a bike that had been crashed hard? how does sitting on a bike tell you the front wheels is bent?? burning knee sounds like you need to put some pants on..
looks like the wheel has hit the pavement, I went to change the front tire which was supposed to be bad and turns out the rim was bent, impossible to see by eye but once over 55mph or rotating on a front stand you can see it quite clearly. It was emitting a lot of heat on the right side, theres obviously something missing there because my left knee was fine. The fairing end gets 2 hot and isnt covered.

·
Registered
421 Posts
looks like the wheel has hit the pavement, I went to change the front tire which was supposed to be bad and turns out the rim was bent, impossible to see by eye but once over 55mph or rotating on a front stand you can see it quite clearly. It was emitting a lot of heat on the right side, theres obviously something missing there because my left knee was fine. The fairing end gets 2 hot and isnt covered.
I've signed up on the forums a few months back and a few days ago I finally found an 08 CBR600 so I guess im part of the community now. I payed $4,900 which is killer price, but of course there were hidden things, like a bent rim which the owner at least agreed to fix since he wasn't gonna return my money. Other than that the steering stopper was missing, and the lower fairings were changed with the 09 ones, however there seems to be a plastic heat shield missing right where they touch your knees, and on the right side it burns, so i need to find a way to fix this.

I finally got to ride a CBR at least and I gotta say, when I sat on it, it felt good, but once riding it feels hella more agressive. The biggest problem I seem to have is that the clip ons are just 2 far away and I have to lie down to reach them, So I'm looking for new clip ons, ones that reach back to me so I can stay in my seat without reaching forward too much, and also just a tad higher since I will do a lot of daily riding. Just have to see which to get, because I read a few posts here saying that Vortex for instance are too thin and transfer too many vibrations, or some were difficult to get the hand grips on them. Any advice would be appreciated.

P.S. I sat on a R6 at the dealership that told me the rim was bent and I gotta say I quite liked it, the tank was nice and low and there was good room for your knees, Not sure why everyone bashes on their ergos so much when they werent that much diff.
WTF are you talking about? I think you need to sell the RR n get a Gixxer. .:fyou::fyou:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
my 09 gets pretty hot at the knees too I think its because there is nowhere for that engine heat to go see if you get use to it and thats crazy about the rim have them check out the forks and where the forks meet the frame to make sure none of that is bent

·
Registered
991 Posts
Here is how you get rid of the heat situation: put pants on and get your speed over 30. Its summer time, these bikes get hot and the wind does a lot to keep the air flowing. Show some pics and we will tell you if anything is missing, though I doubt anything is.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
how tall are you? it is a sports bike, not a cruiser. you are supposed to be leaned over.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
6ft, however I'm gonna use it for daily riding so I'm looking at the 2inch Woodcraft risers or something similar.
I am 6'2". I am going to have to continue with the "it's a sports bike" message. Honda has one of the more upright riding positions out of yamaha and suzuki in my opinion. I also ride mine almost daily.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
I commute on mine (about and hour and a half per day, five days a week), have no issues with the riding position. I'm also 6'. Its just something you will have to get used to, and that wont take to long.

A

·
0 Posts
i don't know why everyone is hating on u... but ummm ok... there are are two versions of the r6... and one of them is a more upright feel to it.. i sat on that bike when i was looking for bike.... that r6 does feel close to the cbr (in my opinion)... good luck with the bike man... becareful out there!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I commute on mine (about and hour and a half per day, five days a week), have no issues with the riding position. I'm also 6'. Its just something you will have to get used to, and that wont take to long.
So far i've only ridden it once so I'l have to see how it goes but it seems like a good deal for about $160 to make it more comfortable regardless of whether you're used to it the way it is since itl take pressure of your wrists and neck

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
You shouldn't have any pressure on your wrists.

And if you're sitting up in a relaxed position, your neck shouldn't be hurting either.

Give it some time.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts