Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am no drag racer by any means, i actually have no intrest in drag racing, im more of a track guy but hey i was open to the offer. Just in power i am not impressed at all with the new GSXR here is a link to my myspace vids check it out!
(this was on a dead end street that is next to a GM plant that closed down a year ago, so no traffic)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=36514984

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
because it makes its power at higher rpm ,you dont feel it pull until around 8 grand .

its a track motor not a street bike.Which bike was shifting so soon ? was liike 2 gears almost right after each other.neither one sounded liek they got into high rpm.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they were both at redline. Im not a drag racer but the other guy goes to the drag strip often, not on that bike yet, he has just got it broken in.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
they were both at redline. Im not a drag racer but the other guy goes to the drag strip often, not on that bike yet, he has just got it broken in.
with the gixxer if you want a fast start you gotta scream the motor and eat the clutch or its gonna be a dog off the line.There is pretty much no power under 8 grand and it feels like its missing a cylinder until it gets the rpm it needs.It takes getting used to ,but once the launch is messed up there isnt much chance of catching up.

·
Registered
741 Posts
i cant see clearly but was that a win for the cbr???

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
are you a f**?.............yup
Let's not resort to name calling, otherwise, I'll have to issue a warning :) Let's keep it peaceable around here. Thanks! And while the Gixx has a ton of top end power, it's a fatty. Heavy.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Let's not resort to name calling, otherwise, I'll have to issue a warning :) Let's keep it peaceable around here. Thanks! And while the Gixx has a ton of top end power, it's a fatty. Heavy.

11 pounds makes it a fatty ? come on man ,thats like a heavy lunch .lol

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i watched it and i will say something. what's that place...it's like a quarter mile...and people race...oh yeah...IT"S CALLED A TRACK FOR A REASON! at least i'm not in the states so my insurance will not go up :)

oh yeah, a pic of the bikes next to each other is also "side by side"...just throwing it out there.

later

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i watched it and i will say something. what's that place...it's like a quarter mile...and people race...oh yeah...IT"S CALLED A TRACK FOR A REASON! at least i'm not in the states so my insurance will not go up :)

oh yeah, a pic of the bikes next to each other is also "side by side"...just throwing it out there.

later

thanks for that good info, i dont know if you read my first post it said it is a dead end street behind the af base there is no one out there and no reason for traffic to drive down. It is an ideal place to practice doing whatever you do.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i read it...and i posted...i read every post...no need to repeat myself.

later

·
Registered
534 Posts
if you dont like my video then watch it and dont say anything. If you like it then reply and talk about it. I didnt have to put it up, i just figured someone might wanna see what the bikes do side by side.

Panties stuck in your a$$? you obviously took my comment the wrong way. "Was that a race" meaning you had him by 4 or 5 bikes once you past the camera. In other words...damn the 08 gixxer is that slow?

Second when you post $hit on the internet, people are gonna reply with there opinions, both positive and/or negative. Only way to control that is , DON'T POST! :wave:

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
nice one dude , remember to be carefull

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Why is everyone bickering...I thought the video was cool. So the guy on the GSXR 08' didnt wanna push his bike...RR's rule everyone knows that!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
no ****...a hungry man meal is a pound...wtf is an 11 pound meal? maybe after a power hour :)

later

1 - 20 of 47 Posts