Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to start this thread by pre-emptively warning that I do NOT want this to turn into a law-enforcement bashing sesh.

I've been riding for 4 or 5 years now, and been pulled over once - EVER. I have never in my 9 years of driving or 5 years of riding ever gotten a speeding ticket.

Salmon Falls Road coming home from a long ride, got pulled over, or rather the CHP stopped in front of us in the middle of the road and basically hoped we pulled off to the side.

He said we were going 78, but we were coming around a corner, and it was two bikes side by side through a corner so not sure how he came up with that. I'm pretty sure I wasn't even going that fast. The guy who was behind me and ended up next to me by the time we saw the squad car says he thinks HE was going that fast, but wasn't so sure I was going that fast. Wrote us both tickets for 65 in a 55 and didn't write me up for lack of license plate light, my exhaust, lack of any turn indicators, and the fact I had my headphones on.

Good news is since he only wrote it for 65 in a 55 and I've had a clean driving record for 9 years, I can do traffic school and it won't affect my insurance. Still, blah.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I got a fix-it ticket today. Got pulled over for my plate underneath and he said my bilnkers weren't legal either...bunch of crap. Doesn't he have something better to do then to pull someone over for plates and blinkers? By the way, my plate is underneath, but visible and my blinkers can be seen well over the 500 ft law..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pssh, I just got my 1st ticket a couple weeks ago for doing 2 miles an hour over the speed limit....
and he did the same thing and made me aware of my illegal turn signals and no license plate light but didn't write me up...

I guess he thought I should thank him for that?

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
you lucked out... I've been to traffic school 4 times and its well worth it to take care of insurance rates. All mine were tickets like yours and they are EASY to get in a small town in the middle of nowhere... still a clean record tho! (outside of my county)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got a fix-it ticket today. Got pulled over for my plate underneath and he said my bilnkers weren't legal either...bunch of crap. Doesn't he have something better to do then to pull someone over for plates and blinkers? By the way, my plate is underneath, but visible and my blinkers can be seen well over the 500 ft law..

The cop that wrote me up said the blinkers have to be 9 inches apart...

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
mine are 8", but he didn't mention that. Just said that the plate has to be mounted on the rear most part of the bike and the blinkers have to be visible from 500 ft at night (which mine are)....got no argument on the plate though.
Just can't believe he pulled me over just for that...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Man i wish my record was that good. One ticket isnt so bad. All you gotta do is traffic school....and in most counties you can do it all online. Its easy!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'd like to start this thread by pre-emptively warning that I do NOT want this to turn into a law-enforcement bashing sesh.

I've been riding for 4 or 5 years now, and been pulled over once - EVER. I have never in my 9 years of driving or 5 years of riding ever gotten a speeding ticket.

Salmon Falls Road coming home from a long ride, got pulled over, or rather the CHP stopped in front of us in the middle of the road and basically hoped we pulled off to the side.

He said we were going 78, but we were coming around a corner, and it was two bikes side by side through a corner so not sure how he came up with that. I'm pretty sure I wasn't even going that fast. The guy who was behind me and ended up next to me by the time we saw the squad car says he thinks HE was going that fast, but wasn't so sure I was going that fast. Wrote us both tickets for 65 in a 55 and didn't write me up for lack of license plate light, my exhaust, lack of any turn indicators, and the fact I had my headphones on.

Good news is since he only wrote it for 65 in a 55 and I've had a clean driving record for 9 years, I can do traffic school and it won't affect my insurance. Still, blah.
Take this one to court! He can't be certain which bike he got on radar, take it to court, you'll win!:toothy4:

·
Registered
753 Posts
mine are 8", but he didn't mention that. Just said that the plate has to be mounted on the rear most part of the bike and the blinkers have to be visible from 500 ft at night (which mine are)....got no argument on the plate though.
Just can't believe he pulled me over just for that...
I am sure it is because so many people move the plate these days. They are difficult to read to begin with, and nearly impossible when they are placed way up under the fender. I don't know where yours was, but it really isn't that hard to mount them legally and still look decent. A good fender eliminator kit will fix you right up and you won't have to worry about being stopped for it anymore.

Sorry about the ticket. Traffic school is your friend

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Take this one to court! He can't be certain which bike he got on radar, take it to court, you'll win!:toothy4:
Both my parents are in law enforcement and told me taking it to court is pointless. I won't win.

I'm just going to do the traffic school and pay the damn fine. I was speeding but I don't think I was going 78. But that's not what he wrote the ticket for so whatever. I've sped faster than that plenty of times without getting caught so I'll let this one be my lesson and stop complaining haha

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Geez...

On I-5 everyone goes like 85 mph....and I've gone that fast and have cops pass me down by Sacramentro Metro Airport northward and they dont even look at you twice.

Oh well...have fun in traffic school...hey maybe we could have an X-Large pizza delivered to you like in Fast Times at Ridgemont High :toothy4:

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
So what happen if you don't fix it? How much the fine would be?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts