Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after being on backorder for 2 weeks, it came yesterday from MRI!!! I actually ordered the Matt Black but Arata screwed up and sent the Titanium muffler but after looking @ it alittle more i think i'm keeping it! It looks killer! The Welds, the craftmanship & attention to detail is ridiculous!

Here are just some pics of it out of the box, i'll have more once I install it!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Slyder...just when i start thinkin' she don't get no better, you always bump it up to the next level!:icon_salu

:five:
nice. very, very nice.

Ride well...

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro... wait til you see what i have in store for her yet. I'm shooting for BOTM lol just need another month or to finish her up.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Slyder, finished installing mine two weeks ago and it is awesome. Enjoy and keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will Do. I may take pics as i'm installing it too, finished pics with plastics won't be for alittle bit tho cuz i have to wire up my krazy eyes, Flasher Relay and plug in my HIDs then clean all the plastics then button her back up.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
You'll defintely like the Arata. A little mellow at low rpms but screams pretty good at high rpm. Good luck on BOTM

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Chris, congrats mang...you finally got it and the pipe is lookin tits!
imo, the TI Arata looks better anyways. youll love it mang!

::edit::
btw...welcome to the Arata club.

werd

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Nice, what is the black thing on there? I don't remember it being on mine.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that is what mounts to your engine... when u put the nuts on the header studs and then tighten them it bring the headers in... much better then my akra install.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chris, congrats mang...you finally got it and the pipe is lookin tits!
imo, the TI Arata looks better anyways. youll love it mang!

::edit::
btw...welcome to the Arata club.

werd
It's a Fine Club to be apart of!! :glasses10

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
sweet bro.... they build beaut gear dont they

ti is gonna look great on the silver

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
How would i go about cleaning the muffler.. there are a few marks.. none that you can see but they are under the tail? It was a small pain to install but i have it on! unfortuanetly i won't be turning it on for like a week yet grrr.. i may turn it on anyway it's just a pain to hook the cowl back up and then sit there and hold it while trying to hear it and rev it a little..

-EDIT-

Ok so obviously i'm not going to be able to wait a week to hear it so just went to my garage and hooked it up and fired it up! It sounds really good! I like it a lot!. It smoked alittle but that is normal for a new exhaust but i think i need to connect it better @ the mid pipe.. not where the mid pipe meets the muffler but where the bottom of the mid pipe connects with the 2-1 cause i saw a little moisture there and when i revved it I could see alittle bit of the smoke that was coming out that back come out of there. But other then that it is really nice! Definitely have to upload the map from PC.com cuz i saw a little bit of fire shoot out of it once! Not sure if that was being of the map i have installed or just becuz it has been sitting for so long. However that pipe was a pain in the ass alittle bit!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Once you get it all set right you should be able to put your hand over the tail pipe and stall the motor. If not you probbaly have a leak somewhere. The pipes all fit snug and shouldn't require anything over than a proper fit to keep it from leaking. I simply used the standard arata map from PC and it seems to work really well.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Once you get it all set right you should be able to put your hand over the tail pipe and stall the motor. If not you probbaly have a leak somewhere. The pipes all fit snug and shouldn't require anything over than a proper fit to keep it from leaking. I simply used the standard arata map from PC and it seems to work really well.

Wow really! If u put your hand over the exhaust exit and not let anything come out it will stall the motor... that is kinda cool. I'm only going to try it once but is that bad for the motor? and if it doesn't stall then i have a leak right?

Here is a pic for now, i'll put more on then too.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Wow really! If u put your hand over the exhaust exit and not let anything come out it will stall the motor... that is kinda cool. I'm only going to try it once but is that bad for the motor? and if it doesn't stall then i have a leak right?

Well you don't nescesarily actually make it stall out the motor but you'll be able to hear the motor start to die. It also forces the exhaust out joints that aren't properly seated and that way you can quickly identify if it's put together correctly

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
that is what mounts to your engine... when u put the nuts on the header studs and then tighten them it bring the headers in... much better then my akra install.
Ok got you. I was looking at it all wrong.. Looks good on there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts