Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Rode it to work today, felt really good to ride again. Everything is a little tight now and the engine feels like a sewing machine but I'm following this break in by the owners manual specific instructions and I'm told it'll smooth out around 1200 miles. The transmission is amazing, hardly feel it shift and just smooth as melted butta. More to come as I get to know the bike, suspension setup this weekend.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Damn Kevin, you weren't kidding when you said you had to have one huh? Sweet looking bike.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ceph said:
so how's it compare to the RR?
Everything on this bike is a torx bolt, I haven't found an allen head bolt yet. :) There are a few noteable differences like ABS (haven't tried that yet) turn signal controls are on each bar, the display gives you detailed system information on everything from brakes to engine temp, after you get down to 1/4 tank the fuel guage will give you how many miles until you're out of gas. The riding position is so different, it's like riding a heavy dirtbike that's finished to a very high level of detail.

The only other thing that I could really compare so far is my attitude while riding. I feel much more relaxed and comfortable, less aggressive. I have no concern about avoiding rough spots in the road, bike just soaks them up and pays no attention. I've already got a map showing all the local Starbucks locations. :)

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
couldn't hold out eh......

Very Nice Kevin!!! She is SWEEEET!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll run this at the track, in the slow group but still have fun. I wasn't going to be winning races anyway so just enjoy hanging out with everyone & riding will be perfect for me.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I've been eyeing that new K1200R myself. My dad is planning to pick up a K1200LT this fall, we'll see when I visit the dealership with him if I'm able to restrain myself from giving up the RR.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Has the wife rode with you yet? If so, what are your/her impressions of riding 2 up?

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There was a K1200R right next to the desk I was sitting at, my eye kept drifting over, man they are sweet.

She's been at the beach for a few days, coming home today. That'll teach her to leave me alone for 3 days, next time she goes away I'll buy a 999R just for fun. j/k :)
I might get her on this weekend for a short ride. Hope she falls in love with it

·
Registered
996 Posts
BMW turnsignal controls are different, aren't they? I got on my Dad's R1150 and hit the right turnsignal button thinking it was the starter button.

Congrats on the new ride - let's see some pics of it covered in mud or maybe sideways on some fireroad...

·
Registered
932 Posts
JetBlast10 said:
I'll run this at the track, in the slow group but still have fun.

Why the heck would you take that beauty to the track? You may choose to run in the slow group, however, that is not going to stop somebody running wide and into you on the track. That's such a nice ride man...don't risk it.

Anyway, congratz on the purchase! I'm indeed jealous!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
so let me get this straight, he sells the site, AND stops with the RR? I'm thinking a stoning party is in order :p

Its all good Jet, you should know as well as any of us that its like a family here. And unless you are a total asshat (like that other tool that is no longer here), you'll always be part of the family and welcome with me.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Nice looking bike. Never heard anything bad about BMW's thats for sure.

What is up with the tyres? Rumble strips for when you have two much lean angle? ;) Or is it not meant to be leant over that much?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I really, really hate you. Man if I could have just one more bike that would be it. Wife would kill me as we have three cars and none of them can fit into the garage because of the bikes. Enjoy it, it looks really sweet and the color is great. Did you keep your RR?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts