Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone finding that ipods and motorcycles dont work well together? I bought the photo 30GB ipod last june. The hard drive crashed on that in November... Apple gave me a new one. The second one just crashed this morning and Apple gave me another one. I extended my warranty $50 for an extra year from November of this year.

I never dropped either ipod and only listen while I ride. I ride a little over 15K miles/year. Im kinda guessing the hard-drive cant handle the vibrations of the motor at high rpms... Anyone else experience this?

C

·
0 Posts
I have a Mini and it crapped out on me because of a jostled hard drive too. What you need to get is a Nano because it uses Flash Memory. No moving parts to jostle around and mess up. Less memory of course, but if you need something for the bike it might be the way to go.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Hmm, I ride with mine all the time and no problems. Where do you keep the iPod? Is it on the bike or in your pocket, person....? I keep mine on a strap on my thigh where it's easy to control.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I have a 6 Gb mini and threw it in an aluminum case in my jacket no problems yet

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I keep it in my chest pocket of my jackets. I do ride at high rpms though. Just recently, I stopped using 5th gear and before I very rarely used 6th gear.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
my pod died, but i think that was more to do with HD shock from jogging with it, my shuffle is fine on the bike so far, go the flash memory!

why did you stop using 5th and 6th??

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i ride with my 5th gen 30gb w/ clear plastic case everyday to work and back. just put it in my left pants pocket so i can easily change songs and adjust volume. the only prob i've had is the battery was startin to only last about 3 hours. took it into the Apple Store and had a free brand new replacement in like 2 minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts