Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a nail yesterday right in the middle of my rear tire. I'm not going to plug it but i was woundering if anyone has or thinks that it is ok to do so.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
i pluggrd mine until my new tire came,i rode for about a week with it...but i heard its not good to ride with a plugged tire

·
Registered
932 Posts
Even if you ride at 10mph all day long I don't think it is a good idea to use a plug. In a car, if you have a plug and something goes wrong, you have three other wheels to take-up the slack. On a bike...well...you know the result.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, thats what I said but my "friend" said to plug it. "ummmm.. i dont think so man." I just sucks cause the tire is only 4 months old or so. O well. $Cha-ching!$ Any suggestions on a brand.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
StreetSweeper said:
Yeah, thats what I said but my "friend" said to plug it. "ummmm.. i dont think so man." I just sucks cause the tire is only 4 months old or so. O well. $Cha-ching!$ Any suggestions on a brand.
Try the new Pilot Powers, and let us know what you think of them. :lol2: They are only a few bucks more than the 208's mine came with, and supposed to be a really good tire.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
yeah, definately replace that tire. however, if you do trackdays or any agressive riding, i would suggest replacing both the front and rear that way you eleminate any possible performance problems... or, if you haven't had any problems with the brand you're running, get the same tire that's already have.

oh, and i would also get that old tire plugged. you can probably sell it to someone who needs a cheap tire to do burnouts with... just make sure you tell them it has a plug in it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts