Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went for a ride and as soon as my bike warmed up the idle dropped down.. so low that at a red light it would stall. I had to ride home and at every red light rev the piss out of it just so it would stay running. Needless to say I have a short fuse, so when I got home I kept trying to turn the idle, turn turn and nothing. Finally she gave way, then came the needle nose pliers, pumped the bicep and "wham!!" out came the cable. So now that I created a job for myself, I just need to buy the cable right?

Just got married too woo hoo!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Throttle cable? I'd assume, unless you ripped anything else out in the process. That's a looped cable though so your probably going to have to take the whole throttle assembly apart.

Why your idling so low is a question - bad gas? weak battery? clogged injectors? Look into that when you get the bike running again.

·
Banned
280 Posts
How about kick the dog when you trip over it?? Sounds to me like you have a real issue man... Anger management maybE?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm suggesting 12 full sessions of anger management.

This is mandatory before visitations may resume again with the CBR.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about kick the dog when you trip over it?? Sounds to me like you have a real issue man... Anger management maybE?
okay lets get one thing straight, I dont have anger management issues, if I did, I dont think that I would have the career that I have. Second of all back to the question at hand.... when I was turning the idle knob I felt it break loose and it turned no problem, so I removed the rubber cover and it was all frayed and ratty looking. So I figured I needed a new one anyway and ripped it out. not a big deal, it was a simple question that ended up getting the attention of douche bags out in left field

·
Banned
280 Posts
So I went for a ride and as soon as my bike warmed up the idle dropped down.. so low that at a red light it would stall. I had to ride home and at every red light rev the piss out of it just so it would stay running. Needless to say I have a short fuse, so when I got home I kept trying to turn the idle, turn turn and nothing. Finally she gave way, then came the needle nose pliers, pumped the bicep and "wham!!" out came the cable. So now that I created a job for myself, I just need to buy the cable right?

Just got married too woo hoo!
No jack ass.. your OP made us come pouring out of the mill ... maybe... you should think about what your typing before you start calling people douch bags and what not...

·
Registered
411 Posts
LOL.. the first thing is...

You need to admit you have the problem. You some what said you have a short fuse... thats an anger problem bro.

Who cares what career you have.. I am in a career that involves background checks and polygraphs and fuckheads still get thru... so throw that thinking out the window.

Go talk to somebody... you just got married... dont beat your wife cause she burnt the chicken.

·
Registered
145 Posts
man people are picking fights over nothing. I had an issue where I tightened the knob too tight. Its not too hard of a job to get to that screw, take the seat off, gas tank cover off, gas tank out, airbox out, elec harness off/ out of the way, ..., ..., aushfdfkljh, screw in the idle screw, route the cable nice, and you should be fine. Or take it to the shop. Make sure you re-torque everything you take apart back to specs if you do go that route., if nt, bad things happen....

·
Registered
821 Posts
C'mon you guys he's just trying to throw some humor in his post. Everyone's a psychiatrist...

I agree with some of the above posts that state there are other problems.

It's not the idle adjust that needs attention (though you'll have to fix that). Even the service manual states that increasing idle isn't a "fix" for all idle problems.

Post #3 so far is the most helpful... Old gas? Dirty injectors? Pinched fuel hose? Weak battery? Weak fuel pump?

Is this the first time this has ever happened? Did you do any work on the bike before these symptoms showed up?

·
Registered
951 Posts
You guys are a bunch of preachers. OP did'nt ask about his anger problem, he asked about his idle adjuster. Sounds like you might need a new one Redline. Check a service manuel it should show the routing of the cable. It should be a pretty straight forward job.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's a B*TCH to pull- that out. Likely you'll need to pull the CCT (cam chain tensioner) out from the right side of the bike (behind the toolbox) and use long needle nose pliers to twist what is left of the idle adjuster screw out (assuming its still in there). If not, buy a new idle adjuster cable and pop it back into place - for that, you will need to take the tank cover off and lift the tank to access that location. If you dont know what you are doing, go to a shop - as you can blow the motor putting the CCT back incorrectly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts