Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
So I get off work today at 5:30pm and am heading home along a somewhat busy residential road with a few stop lights. The two cars ahead of me slow down and turn off the same street so I'm left with a long straightaway with no cars ahead of me. I was going less than 10 mph so I sort of gun it and get up to about 35. Next thing I know I see a cop coming from the opposite direction suddenly flash his lights. I look down and see 36 on the speedometer as I pass him. Knowing the lights were for me I proceed to pull off the street into a parking lot of a strip mall, thinking wtf.

A minute later the cop pulls up behind me. At this point I already was off my bike, helmet off, and bike turned off waiting for him. So he says to me, "you know how fast you were going?" I say, "yes sir my speedometer read 35." He says, "I got you at 46." Knowing this was major BS I reply, "sorry sir but that can't be right, my speedometer read 35." He then looks at my bike and asks, "is that a digital speedometer?" Grinning on the inside I say, "yes sir". So he asks for my license and runs it. After a minute he gets out of his car, hands me my license and says, "this is your lucky day I just got a call for a stolen car" and takes off. (haha yea right he didn't have me on nothing and was trying to save face for letting me go)

Moral of the story: when you get over be polite, take off your helmet and turn your bike off, and most importantly stick to your guns. If you know you weren't speeding don't back down from it. In my case the cop "thought" I was going fast and tried to bust me. *******Edited by GA_RR*****

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Yep happen to me before too. I was so glad to pull away ticketless.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
i dont think a stolen car require immediate attention from a traffic officer. i could be wrong though.

anyways, good job.

the man always be trying to keep a biker down...

·
Registered
665 Posts
cbrdeju said:
i dont think a stolen car require immediate attention from a traffic officer. i could be wrong though.
Good point. Burglary in progress maybe, since when do police even show up for stolen cars? In LA you just call and report it and they do their report.

Glad you stuck to your guns bro.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Congrats, you had more luck than i did a while back...

I have been told by a sheriff's officer that the best course of action when you get pulled over is to be completely forgetable. He told me that the moment he steps out of his cruiser, he knows whether or not you're getting a ticket. You gotta accept whatever he gives you and then appeal it in court. The key to this is that if you were forgettable at the traffic stop, the cop will most likely have no idea who you are when he gets his summons to show up for court. So you have your argument and he has no clue. ***NOTE***: being forgettable doesn't mean you can't argue with the cop about the ticket, it just means you should avoid yelling, screaming, harrasing the cop, telling the cop he's racist/profiling, etc. Ride safe!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts