Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first time I got pulled over I was traveling along I-80 through Fairfield ca and was pulled over for not having reflectors on my bike. When I was at honda I bought those little round reflectors you can put on your liscense plate. I figured I shouldn't get pulled over anymore. Well this last week I was in the same area and was pulled over because the chp lady was not able to see my liscene plate. My plate is mouted right above my rear tire hugger and when I sit on my bike the plate folds up a little. I told her the last guy didn't say anything about and she told me he was probaly yonger then her lol. I didn't not get a ticket either time but it seems to me chp is getting really picky about the stuff on bike's.

·
Registered
881 Posts
The first time I got pulled over I was traveling along I-80 through Fairfield ca and was pulled over for not having reflectors on my bike. When I was at honda I bought those little round reflectors you can put on your liscense plate. I figured I shouldn't get pulled over anymore. Well this last week I was in the same area and was pulled over because the chp lady was not able to see my liscene plate. My plate is mouted right above my rear tire hugger and when I sit on my bike the plate folds up a little. I told her the last guy didn't say anything about and she told me he was probaly yonger then her lol. I didn't not get a ticket either time but it seems to me chp is getting really picky about the stuff on bike's.
there called tax collectors for a reason

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Lucky you are in CA FL law HB137 with its power the FHP can fine you and hit you with
a 1000 k ticket the solution is tripgae FE www.tripageled.com i got one and has not been harassed since i got it

·
Registered
73 Posts
You didn't not get a ticket both times? That sucks, two tickets ain't cheap. ;) :beer:

I got a bad one last summer, 68 in a 35. :oops:

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey moe man they changed a few parts of the license plate laws ....now it still has to be visible but now it can be vertical and a few other things

·
Registered
588 Posts
I feel bad for you guys, I thought MA sucked more than anywhere. We're following Cali in everything mostly and we're a shitty place to live so that doesn't make up for it

·
Registered
280 Posts
98koukile where in MA are you? I'm in Pittsfield.

I took the reflectors off when I took my heat shield off and I was talking to an officer in a parking lot and he asked where they went. So...went home and put them back on hah!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Just a bit west of Pittsfield near Springfield. I just put a reflector on my bike from my dads old fender so they wouldn't hassle me. Little round reflectors are so much nice than stock

·
Registered
573 Posts
WOW same thing happened to a buddy of mine. I'm over in Fairfield and the CHP have been cracking down on the littlest things now a days. It's pretty ridiculous... all about the $$$

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
What do you mean by not having reflectors on your bike I have never heard of this before

technically you're supposed to have reflectors on the bike if you don't you get a repair order here in MD and you have to slap them on as if you're getting the bike inspected. Only nit picky officers will pull you over for that though.

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
In Cali some CHP will give you a ticket even though you got those little round reflectors. It's suppose to be a certain size and were it's located.

·
Registered
31 Posts
that sucks! I ride thru fairfield all the time. I got no reflectors and my plate is also underneath the seat. Hope I don't run into this CHP.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
interesting -- reflectors not around the license plate just on the bike ?? like you see n some google images results on the forks ?? Mine didnt come with reflectors... I always thought it odd that some show those square reflectors on the forks and some dont

·
Registered
29 Posts
I started a thread a while back called "modifications and the law". I basically relayed a story about a patient of mine who lost everything (job, health insurance, etc and amassed large medical and legal bills) after an accident where he was hit by a car then subsequently lost the lawsuit because my patient (the rider) had flushmounts and no reflectors on his bike. The automobile driver's insurance sponsered lawyer was able to use the "letter of the law" which requires reflectors on motorcycles and bicycles and turn signals that can be seen while looking at the motorcycle from the opposite side as proof of negligence against the rider. The driver claimed he "couldn't see the motorcycle". In the end, the car drivers insurance had to pay next to nothing. The rider has no disability, couldn't go back to work, and quickly aquired medical and legal bills. I only know him as a patient and had to take his word for it. I am not a lawyer, so if you know more specifics please share.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts