Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it's true. I got pulled over on my pocket bike the other day. I just bought the thing and I rode it half a block from my driveway just to test it out and I got pulled over. The officer threatened to take it away and lectured me about not having DOT approved headlights and turnsignals and yada yada, but he was nice and let me keep it. Maybe 'cause I was wearing all my gear and I actually had an M1 license. :D

·
Registered
990 Posts
call your local city hall and ask whether or no it is legal..my brother did that and we found out the PBs are okay

gotta love burbank, ca!

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Aussie600RRPilot said:
so why didn't you outrun the cops!!!! :roll:
:lol2:

Nice!

How about posting some pix of her? What kind did you get?

Jason

·
Registered
403 Posts
MAD1 said:
PBs are ok on private property only.
Depends on the city. We were sitting and eating on Pine Street in Long Beach and saw a homemade mini bike cruising the street. A cop was sitting in his patrol car and just took a glance. We asked him why he didn't stop him and he said that 49cc and under vehicles are street legal in a 25mph or less street (in that city).

So it varies.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Where I am you can only use them on private roads and subdivisions. They are essentially the same as a go-cart.

·
Registered
95 Posts
From what I have been told,, as long as it is under 50cc and you have turn signals, brake and head light. They are legal and you don't even need a license as long as it is under 50cc. Thats here in PA, but your state may be different. But then you have no lights so,,, he was nice,, could have been nicer and just turned his head the other way though. :lol2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts