Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got back from riding and ended up getting pulled over for the first time. So here's the story - Riding in a 45mph zone going around 50 when this Intrepid with some chrome rims and such starts riding my ass. I start accelerating up a hill and he follows so once I'm at the top of the hill it starts going down again so I decide to pass the car in front of me at around 70mph when I see a cop coming over another hill in front of me. He didn't turn his lights on but waved his hand at me so I immediately pull over and wait for him to turn around and come back to me. He gets out of his SUV and i'm about to piss my pants right...mind you it's my first time getting pulled over on a bike and I knew I did something stupid haha.

So here's the conversation:

Cop: No passing man...but thank you for pulling over. Most people on bikes like yours try to start running. I'm not going to give you a ticket.
Me: Yeah I know I did something stupid and I shouldn't have done it.
Cop: Any reason for you to pass right there?
Me: Well...this is really no reason but a car was riding my ass for a while so I tried to get away from him and decided to pass the car in front of me even though it was a dumb idea.
Cop: Do you have a clean record?
Me: Yes sir.
Cop: Alright well take it easy alright?
Me: Alright thanks alot!

I was seriously sitting on my bike in shock. I couldn't believe this guy didn't give me a ticket or anything! I mean seriously...I was going around 65mph when he saw me in a 45, passed a car in a turn lane..so yeah I still can't believe he let me go. I guess pulling over and not running really does pay off.

I've never run from the cops and never will. I hope someone will learn to pull over for a cop instead of running from them. I've heard of way too many people dying trying to outrun the cops.

·
Registered
923 Posts
well done man, thats what a normal and responsible person will do, and thats awesome that you dont have the ticket, that cop is very considered, cos if it was a bad cop he will tell you bunch of things and make the ticket so sometimes like you say is good to pull over and more when you know that you do something wrong!!

rodrigo

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I just got back from riding and ended up getting pulled over for the first time. So here's the story - Riding in a 45mph zone going around 50 when this Intrepid with some chrome rims and such starts riding my ass. I start accelerating up a hill and he follows so once I'm at the top of the hill it starts going down again so I decide to pass the car in front of me at around 70mph when I see a cop coming over another hill in front of me. He didn't turn his lights on but waved his hand at me so I immediately pull over and wait for him to turn around and come back to me. He gets out of his SUV and i'm about to piss my pants right...mind you it's my first time getting pulled over on a bike and I knew I did something stupid haha.

So here's the conversation:

Cop: No passing man...but thank you for pulling over. Most people on bikes like yours try to start running. I'm not going to give you a ticket.
Me: Yeah I know I did something stupid and I shouldn't have done it.
Cop: Any reason for you to pass right there?
Me: Well...this is really no reason but a car was riding my ass for a while so I tried to get away from him and decided to pass the car in front of me even though it was a dumb idea.
Cop: Do you have a clean record?
Me: Yes sir.
Cop: Alright well take it easy alright?
Me: Alright thanks alot!

I was seriously sitting on my bike in shock. I couldn't believe this guy didn't give me a ticket or anything! I mean seriously...I was going around 65mph when he saw me in a 45, passed a car in a turn lane..so yeah I still can't believe he let me go. I guess pulling over and not running really does pay off.

I've never run from the cops and never will. I hope someone will learn to pull over for a cop instead of running from them. I've heard of way too many people dying trying to outrun the cops.

Way to go avoiding that one....... Good call pulling over, Cops seem to be less of a jerk when you cooperate with them and do what they want you to do without arguementn

D

·
0 Posts
I wish there where more cops like that, and more riders like yourself. Kudos to you.

·
Registered
432 Posts
that sh!t will never work around here in NJ and philly area...

nice to see there are SOME nice cops still left
Hahahaha, Funny comment.

Today I was out riding with two of my friends and a VW GLI passes us(we were doing about 15 over the speed limit) so we just pass him back and everyone is laughing. We stop at the next light one of my friends does a wheelie, right as a cop passes us in the other direction. He decides to run, make a turn and get stuck in traffic. He was going well over 100. When he stopped the cop only gave him a careless driving ticket ha. LUCKY. Cops ya never know what your gonna get when ya stop

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
Sweet deal man. Yea dont run from cops it pisses us off because then we have to give chase sometimes if we're feeling like it. Call for back up. Just remember nothing outruns a motorola

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
Hahahaha, Funny comment.

Today I was out riding with two of my friends and a VW GLI passes us(we were doing about 15 over the speed limit) so we just pass him back and everyone is laughing. We stop at the next light one of my friends does a wheelie, right as a cop passes us in the other direction. He decides to run, make a turn and get stuck in traffic. He was going well over 100. When he stopped the cop only gave him a careless driving ticket ha. LUCKY. Cops ya never know what your gonna get when ya stop
yeah i usually just give motorcycle riders warnings on base. Cagers fawk them.

·
Registered
378 Posts
man other people have all the luck - i have yet to meet a cop that lets me off on a ticket even though i ALWAYS co operate to the full extent

good for you though man!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've been pulled over probably about 7 times in my life. I have been issued tickets twice. I think if you are respectful and non argumentative with them you have a better chance of them cutting you some slack.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I never got puled over on my bike, because im new at this I guess, but I have gotten pulled over while driving my car and I realized that most cops treat you with respect if you dont give them a reason to disrespect you. Some people get pulled over and tell the officer "What up man". I have got off easy many times by just keeping my cool.

·
Registered
214 Posts
With all my experience getting pulled over being respectfully helps but it also depends on the mood the cop is in.....

·
Registered
357 Posts
ive done the same thing, got pulled over and didnt run adn i just got a "take it easy"

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Hahahaha, Funny comment.

^^^ How do U get stuck in traffic on a Bike???? LOL...

Its good to hear theres some cool, understanding cops out there......Being a cop doesn't mean U have to be a ****!!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
it is never a good idea to run from the cops. Even if you get away with it once, someday it will catch up to you!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been pulled over probably about 7 times in my life. I have been issued tickets twice. I think if you are respectful and non argumentative with them you have a better chance of them cutting you some slack.
Opposite for me, I've been pulled over like 1o times and only given a warning once...mind you in some cases they tinkered with the ticket to ensure I wouldn't get demerits and such... never ran from a cop, don't feel like losing my bike or a night in jail...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts