Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided after lifting the weights that I would go out for a little ride around town. I got out on the road, and everything was going good, I

had passed a cop coming the other way on a side street, no issue. I went down a little further, and passed 2 more cops

just chillin in a parking lot, no issue. I get farther down the road just
about to take a left onto the main strip, and another cop passes me, right
when he see's me as he is passing he slows down, and I look in my rear

view mirror he whips a U'y, and catches up in the right lane gets a few
feet ahead of me looks at my bike, and whips over and gets behind me as

I am about to take a left, and he throws the lights on.

I thinking " Damn, does he think my right headlight(high beam obviously) is out or another lighting issue?"

nope its my Audi Led's

Discussion between Cop & me:

Cop- "You know why I pulled you over?"
Me- "Nope!"
Cop- "You cannot have blue lights on your bike. Do you see other vehicles with blue lights on them?"
Me- "mmmm.... Ya"
Cop- "No you don't, only cop cars have them, these are illegal"

anyways he goes on saying I can have them on when I am parked, "YEAHH":retard:. Asked me if I can turn them off, and I can't and he said you either cut the wire or get them to turn off or get white lights.

I told him I did this for better visibility, and for extra turn signals. He didn't care. He checked out my license, and info, and came back, and said here you go, gave me back my license, and let me go.

He didnt give me a ticket, or a FIX it ticket.
When he pulled me over he wasn't talking confidently at all, but what ever

He was a FA%#ot

What are your thoughts on the lighting? I love umm, and I have had them on sense March, passing cops every day I ride, and also went on a long ride over memorial day weekend thru wisconsin, and iowa, and back home to Minnesota, and no Issues.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Depends on what state you are in about the blue lighting being illegal. As long as they don't flash, I think that most cops won't bother you.

The 3rd eye on my bike is bright blue and I have never had a problem. But in my state, blue by itself is not a police color but it can be an emergency response light if it's flashing which would be obviously illegal on my bike.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Yeah i've heard that color was illegal as well. However I see them all the time and I believe they come standard on some highend cars. (not exactly blue lights) But I sure you catch my drift. Theres a few riders around town and on the form with deep blue lights and they have no problems.

Here in my state the color that gets you busted is the red lights. Now if you want some trouble... lol install those bad boyz and see how long you last.

For the most part I believe its up to the officer discretion on how serious they stick it to ya

·
Registered
83 Posts
"So I decided after lifting the weights that I would go out for a little ride around town."

are you sure he didn't pull you over for wearing an affliction or ed hardy t-shirt? Yeah anything but white or yellow can be considered illegal, used to get pulled over all the time when I had blue turn signals on my Acura. Although your lucky he didn't give you a fix it ticket. I bet it caught his eye because you were turning and are your lights set to blink? That would be my guess.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on what state you are in about the blue lighting being illegal. As long as they don't flash, I think that most cops won't bother you.

The 3rd eye on my bike is bright blue and I have never had a problem. But in my state, blue by itself is not a police color but it can be an emergency response light if it's flashing which would be obviously illegal on my bike.

Ya i am in Minnesota, I should of asked him where I could have found the law for proof.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i've heard that color was illegal as well. However I see them all the time and I believe they come standard on some highend cars. (not exactly blue lights) But I sure you catch my drift. Theres a few riders around town and on the form with deep blue lights and they have no problems.

Here in my state the color that gets you busted is the red lights. Now if you want some trouble... lol install those bad boyz and see how long you last.

For the most part I believe its up to the officer discretion on how serious they stick it to ya

Haha ya I think I will stay away from the red. ya I hear what your sayin

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"So I decided after lifting the weights that I would go out for a little ride around town."

are you sure he didn't pull you over for wearing an affliction or ed hardy t-shirt? Yeah anything but white or yellow can be considered illegal, used to get pulled over all the time when I had blue turn signals on my Acura. Although your lucky he didn't give you a fix it ticket. I bet it caught his eye because you were turning and are your lights set to blink? That would be my guess.
Haha I wasn't wearing the affliction tonight, but no the blue doesn't blink. As the audi mod is the whole bottom is lit up, and the sides. Well I installed two seperate strips to where the bottom would be the running lights which are the blue, and the sides would be signals, and those are orange so when I hit the signal say on the right the blue shuts off and the orange flashes.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
he might send it to you in the mail, like i had one sent to me 2 weeks back for number plate issue, no rear reflector, no sprag dispersion fitted. I have to do a FULL vehicle check done. This is like getting your bike taken over the pits for the very first time and making sure every little thing is covered, like the reflectors are of a certain spec, not from a $2 dollar store etc..It sucks. A- ****

·
Registered
373 Posts
He was a FA%#ot
Because you broke the law? Because he cut you a break?

White and amber to the front. White, amber, and red to the rear. No blue or green. No flashing to the front. It may vary a tad bit from state to state, but that's the way it is.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah, it seems cops in MN are sticklers for the colored light thing. I've been pulled over with my old bike for a blue-ish tinted L.E.D. They do look pretty blue in the pictures, then again it seems photo's bring the blue out.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Search harder for it, i will guarantee it will be about about the lights, its pretty common worldwide thing that. No Blue or red lights

Example, Australia has a governing agent to register your bike for me its the RTA (Roads and Traffic Authority) then i call them about bike inspections, I then get transferred to the guys that know about what your vehicle needs to pass for rego, and what stations to attend for getting it checked.

Now those stations that you go to to get checked go by the Authority that state what standards your vehicle must past, like emissions, safety etc etc In Autralia this then is the ADR (Australian Design Rules) which is under the Department of Infrastructure Transport. http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/motor/design/index.aspx

My point is it takes a bit of digging to get to the source, its not a simple type and find. and if you ring up whomever does your registrations in the US and find out like i had above whom does what.. its a PIA i tell you.

I know have to pass all of these rules..if you want a laugh look at the link cause i have a comp werkes number plate!! http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/motor/design/adr_online.aspx

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
those blue audi led's are dope. but they are illegal.

maybe if you ran with ur both headlights on it wont be noticable, or just install a switch. I say keep 'em and mount a switch so you can turn it off anytime, esp when popo's run out of doughnuts.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Yeah, it seems cops in MN are sticklers for the colored light thing. I've been pulled over with my old bike for a blue-ish tinted L.E.D. They do look pretty blue in the pictures, then again it seems photo's bring the blue out.
back in the day i had blue leds in the headlights of my car, had it parked in an apartment complex, cop woke me, and my entire family up at 4am, and made me disable the lights, or get nailed for impersonating a cop.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
those blue audi led's are dope. but they are illegal.

maybe if you ran with ur both headlights on it wont be noticable, or just install a switch. I say keep 'em and mount a switch so you can turn it off anytime, esp when popo's run out of doughnuts.

Ya they are pretty dope, and I think I am goin to install a switch to flip them on and off when I want, and NEED to, haha

Tenjin- that is lame, I am suprised the cop didnt say that this was impersonation, I also was suprised he didn't give me a fix it ticket, kinda like he wasn't forcing the issue all the way, you know what I mean? I donno..

·
Registered
837 Posts
First line of the OP says it all.....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yea you are lucky you didnt get a ticket, the cops around here are a$%hats and you woulda got one for sure. :+1:eek:ne on installing a switch though.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts