Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i got pulled over the other day driving my car down here in beautiful pleasanton, california. Officer got me doing 15 over, 60 in a 45. My fault i was driving rather recklessly. He didn't get me on radar he just paced me. i Know i was in the wrong. I recently went on vacation in the mountains and on the return trip not but 6 days later im coming down an incline on highway 4 and a patrol car moving the opposite direction clocks me at 80 in a 65. Yet again, 15 over. She got me on radar and i walked up to her car and actually witnessed this. All this happened not but 5 days from my birthday to round out a great week. i know i was wrong i screwed up bad. Both times i was driving my dads car. Tried researching California speeding tickets and it looks like if i get 4 points on my license, 2 each, i will lose my license. I was driving my dads car and i dont want that to be on his or my record. I know i can solve one with traffic school but don't think i can take it twice a year. I'm real scared im gonna lose my license here i don't know what to do since the have me by the balls. Any idea what my future is looking like however grim it may sound. Any way to keep my license and get rid of BOTH tickets at all......? Flame Suit On. Let me have it if you must.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
You can only get rid of one ticket per year in california, if I am not mistaken. However, you wont lose your license with only two speeding tickets. If I were you, I would go to court, ask for a lesser penalty, and go on from there. Say you learned your lesson, all that jazz, and ask for leniency. I think you'll have them both on your record still, but it wont cost as much.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will that effect my dads insurance since he is the primary on the vehicle? Any more advice.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
It goes by ticketed driver, not the vehicle. However, if you are on your dad's insurance, IE you get the same bill, yes, his insurance will rise because your part of the insurance will rise. Understand?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what if hes the owner of the policy but he lists me as the primary driver of our 4 vehicles?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know its stupid but im trying to keep this from my dad since its his car and he pays the insurance bill. I know i should tell him but i really dont care how much the tickets are just as long as it doesn't adversly effect his insurance rate. i can bury one of the tickets with traffic school but its the other one that im worried about. im just real afraid of what hes gonna have to pay for my screw up. i just dont want him to suffer because of me.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i know this is dumb that most of the posts are from me but i just realized im not the primary on the car i was driving but i am on a different vehicle we have. does that mean that even if i have points on my license they wouldn't adversly effect me till i attempted to get my own personal insurance. Meaning even if my record is not clean my dads will remain even though i was driving his vehicle as cbr/cut said? Sorry about the numerous posts but im freakin out over her.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
If your license is on your dads policy, meaning if you are covered by your dad's insurance, and they have your license number on record, your dad's insurance is going to go up. I dont see a way for you to hide this from your dad. I would just tell your parents if I were you, and come clean, instead of trying to hide this. They would much rather hear it from you instead of seeing on the insurance bill or getting something in the mail.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im insured to drive our truck which is the cheapest vehicle we own. I was driving our accord when i received the violations. Since im not technically even insured on that vehicle will it still matter?

·
Registered
116 Posts
ok 1 stop freaking out 2 tell your dad your in deeper **** than you might think3 go to your insurance agent and ask your ? there ask about increases in premiums and how long they last. there are several book out on stratiges for tickets get one. if the increases in premiums are high[and at your age i bet they will be]you may want to see a lawyer

·
Registered
176 Posts
+1 on the lawyer. Most lawyers know enough people that they can get speeding tickets reduced. It may cost you, but will probably be more than worth it in the long run. It's the two tickets in a week that doesn't look good to a judge.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i got a ticket couple of years ago in my mothers vehicle, wasn't insured for that vehicle or on her policy. Her insurance didn't go up but mine did. but i would just go ahead and tell them

N

·
0 Posts
"I don't want my dad to find out...", "I'm freakin' out here...", "Oh, my muffin hurts..."

BE A MAN & OWN UP!!....sheesh.

K

·
0 Posts
"I don't want my dad to find out...", "I'm freakin' out here...", "Oh, my muffin hurts..."

No Shizt. If a license revocation is what it takes to change your driving habits, then so be it. I had to learn the hard way too. i had my stripped for 6 months. my insurance went up, the military wouldn't allow my to drive (that was revoked too) i had limited hours i could drive (early morning for school, afternoon and night for work). all because i wanted to speed. How childish...

·
Registered
364 Posts

hahaha, seriously.

get your own sh!t and quit moochin. Maybe if you had your own car and insurance you wouldnt be actin like an idiot. if I was your folks I'd drop you from the insurance.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Own up and be a man, like said before. In GA anything under 15 over doesnt show up on your record. If you could get that one where he paced you reduced to under 15, then it shouldnt even hit your insurance company.

·
Registered
182 Posts
No Shizt. If a license revocation is what it takes to change your driving habits, then so be it. I had to learn the hard way too. i had my stripped for 6 months. my insurance went up, the military wouldn't allow my to drive (that was revoked too) i had limited hours i could drive (early morning for school, afternoon and night for work). all because i wanted to speed. How childish...
LOL, everytime with you, a hardass on ticket threads. Guess that's your style now that all the trouble you've been in "changed" you. :icon_lol:

Traffic school is available every 18 months in CA.
Ticketed driver gets the insurance raise if points make it to record (3year life on record).

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
First, he's in California and speeding goes on your record regardless if you are speeding less or more than 15mph over the posted speed limit. He can try to go for traffic school to take care of part of the points so he doesn't get his license taken away. He should not ask his insurance if his premium will go up, as that is telling them about the tickets. Sometimes insurance doesn't go up....sometimes it does. Also your insurance can drop you even if the state doesn't suspend your license. Not likely they will drop you over this though.

http://www.dmv.org/ca-california/point-system.php

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think it depends on the insurance companies but most of them check your record every two years or so and when they do check and your record has speeding tickets in them, they raise the premium.
It happened to my bro. Three speeding tickets. No premium effected for a year then BAM! he got jacked! lol with "you are a dangerous driver" letter on Thanks Givings Dinner. Lesson learned.

BTW, get a lawyer if you can afford him. If you are lucky, you can get it dismissed. Or just plain go to court and plead. With enough pleading and some luck of meeting a nice judge, you MAY be able to get two traffic schools or get the penalty lowered.

Good luck and watch how you drive next time. ya? You may not think you are a dangerous driver but everyone around you does.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts