Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought the E-racing race fairing set for the 03 600rr. i went to mount my new double bubble windscreen on it and it didnt fit. i figured kneedraggers sent me the wrong one. i layed it over the stock screen and they were the same size. the fairing "V" that holds the windscreen is to wide so the windscreen wont fit. and its not a little off, its alota off. anyone know whats going on? im gonna try and contact eracing tomorrow.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but what im sayin is that the stock and double bubble are the same size minus the bubble so its gonna be the fairing i guess

·
Registered
726 Posts
Congratulations. You've just fallen victim to crappy race fairings! I got lucky with mine. I bought a "seconds set of Cheetah race fairings" and they fit like a glove :) HOWEVER, Cheetah just like E-Racing, Hotbodies, etc... use the crappiest fiberglass you've ever seen. Fortunately for me, I have aerospace grade fiberglass available to me. By the sounds of your story, looks like you need to learn how to fiberglass. My friend and I just finished reworking our race fairings (His Ducati my Suzuki). It is officially the worst thing to work on. Both of us dread having to do fiberglass work. I will note though, my friend has a few SharkSkinz pieces and they're pretty good quality. They actually just needed to be wet sanded prior to painting. Pretty impressive. So... all I can tell you is "good luck".

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aw what the crap, this is bs. i mean i can see if the holes need to be drilled a little differently but this thing is way off! ill try and get some pics so you can see what it looks like and maybe give me some suggestions on how to fix it.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
The stock screen will fit on the fairings, you will have a gap on the bottom of the screen, I filled mine with a piece of lexan. The imprinted hole markings are not right, I remember that from drilling mine out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i understand what you are saying but that is not what i am talking about. see how the fairing make a "v" for the "v" shaped windscreen to fit into. . .

the "V" is to wide on the fairing so at the top holes for the windscreen there is an inch gap on either . its not even a matter of the drill holes not being right.

understand? ill have to try and get a pic of me holding the windscreen in place or draw a little picture

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Do you have a stock front fairing to compare to?? See if you have the wrong screen.. Different Honda model.. Are the plastics for an 03-04???

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tripage said:
Do you have a stock front fairing to compare to?? See if you have the wrong screen.. Different Honda model.. Are the plastics for an 03-04???
yes i have the stock front fairing and the double bubble fits fine on that. the sent me the right screen.

the platics are of 03-04 because the "ram air" looks just like stock, not like the new 05s.

i send eracing an email to see what they say about it. hopefully they can send me a new one cause this is way off and beyond repair

·
Banned
67 Posts
I have a hook with complete faring body kits (minus the tank) any color you want. factory sceme in all different colors.. They fit great. If you have ever seen a repson edition 600rr, its the same thing. Fits better than race plastics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 04 sharkskinz is the same way, you just need a RACE zero gravity windscreen, i had to go direct to zero gravity and get them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mount the windscreen to the bodywork BEFORE mounting the bodywork

The fiberglas race fairings are very flexible. You need to make sure that you mount the windscreen to the upper fairing BEFORE mounting the fairing to the bike. If yuou do it in the opposite order, it's possible to mount the upper fairing whrer the windscreen cutout is flexed open and won't fit the windscreen. Take your upper fairing off, mount the windscreen, then install the fairing on the bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts