Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these lights a few weeks back

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=131947

after a week they didn't show up, so I pmed the guy and he said he shipped them that day. Another week went by and they still didn't show up. All in all, weeks later something showed up at my door poorly packaged (thrown into a box, no packaging peanuts or anything) and I refused the shipment. Anyway, now the guy has his lights and my money and hasn't responded to any of my messages.

I'm out a hundred bucks and downright pissed off. I'd like to pay this guy a visit, but he's in Navarre, FL.

Anyway, I don't want anyone else here to get hosed by this guy.

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Damn that sucks, can u make a claim/dispute with paypal?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
filed a claim with paypal

here's what I got:

Status

We were able to recover $0.00 USD from the seller and processed a refund to you.
What happens next
We're working with the seller to recover the rest of your refund. We'll let you know when the seller is able to full refund your payment.
If you've resolved this problem, you can cancel this claim anytime.

Basically paypal asked them nicely to cough up the $$. Paypal buyer protection only works on items bought off of ebay

·
Registered
655 Posts
Looks like he had quite a few other sales. I would see if you could find out who he sold stuff due (search through his threads) and see if anyone else got scammed. If they did and they come forward, the mods will knock him off the site immediately I am guessing. Sorry for the bad luck....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it came right out of my bank. I now realize with a cc is the way to pay through paypal and why paypal doesn't want people to pay with credit cards

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
make sure you give him a negative iTrader thingee too.

·
Registered
403 Posts
sorry to hear bro, I was looking at that post when he had it for sale and it seemed like a good deal.. never ship it back unless you are guarantee to get your money back.. best of luck with the paypal claim hope you get back your $100

·
Registered
156 Posts
i am sort of old school and with all the waving and brotherhood if that rat lived up here in my town a few of the boys a friendly knock on the door wow refund so you boys in navere florida you gtta do what you gotta do because if you dont the next time you wave at a fellow sportbiker you wont feel like much of a brother FTW

·
HONDAholic
916 Posts
i am sort of old school and with all the waving and brotherhood if that rat lived up here in my town a few of the boys a friendly knock on the door wow refund so you boys in navere florida you gtta do what you gotta do because if you dont the next time you wave at a fellow sportbiker you wont feel like much of a brother FTW
I read that 3x and I'm still confused! ..... but to the OP, that sucks man! we have a pretty good group of guys around here, but some slip through the cracks! good luck in getting your doe back!

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
karma is one mean bitch she will get you when least expected

·
Registered
217 Posts
That sucks bro...but on another not fawk paypal!!!!! They allowed $1000 to be taken out of my account after it was hacked. They said their was a 15 day processing to figure out what was going on and return my money...that came and went. My bank had my money back in my hand in 3-4 days after I filed a claim with them. I unlinked my bank account which made me an unverified memeber and now since I have spent over $10,000 via paypal since my account had been opened they say I can't send any more money unless I open a Paypal credit card or relink my bank account. Needless to say I closed my paypal account, yes that means their are things online I can't purchase but I feel way better knowing my money isn't with them and they aren't making a dime off me anymore. PAYPAL SUCKS!!!!!

-d

·
Registered
31 Posts
where they busted up? or did you just shake it around? if it was shipped ups, you could open up the item in front of the delivery man and have him take notice the items are broken to claim damage.

peace of mind if this happens again

1 - 19 of 19 Posts