Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moved into a gated community (one with the large automated gates that are pressure sensitive for exiting vehicles) and the first time I tried to take the bike out for a ride I found out that the gates didn't register me being there. Besides the option of either waiting for another car to pass or using my remote to open the 'entry' gate and leave that way (def not an option I want to pursue due to the obvious reason) my bike is essentially trapped in my neighborhood. Recommendations on this? I told the neighborhood association of the problem but they really didnt have a solution (so much for my neighborhood dues being put to good use). Only benefit is that even if someone steals my bike, they are stuck doing laps in my neighborhood lol.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
hahaha thats what i was about to say...no one is getting away ON your bike at least. but yeah man if your paying dues they (the community) needs to do something for you...what if there was an emergency. they could be held responsible<<<thats how id put it

·
Registered
363 Posts
HA HA!!! Thats soo funny, the SAME EXACT THING happened to me when I lived in my previous apartment complex (just moved about a week ago). Sometimes just driving up to the gate worked and sometimes it didnt. What worked for me is riding up to the gate about 10 mph and then hitting the brakes causing more pressure on the ground. Hey its not the most elegant but the gate opened. Good luck!

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
Gate sensor should be ground loop. Look on the ground in front of the gate and see if you can see where they cut the ground and made a rectangle octagon or a shape to put wire in then filled it in. This is where you need to be. If it doesn't pick you up put a metal block or magnet on your kickstand. Just like a light trigger. T

·
Registered
606 Posts
this sorta happened to me when i first got my bike in my gated community...i went on the rectangular square but it wouldnt open so i had to pull the gate open with 1 hand while pushing the bike with my feet (throttle hand had to hold the gate open since it was 1 of those spring loaded gates) my foot slipped and i almost dropped the bike but i caught it. I couldnt find any object to hold the gate open for me. Next day, i saw my neighbor leave on his 250!! i was like no way! so i figured out there was a certain angle i had to be at on the rectangular platform :p. Try coming at it from diff angles. I'm not that heavy at 174lbs with my cbr6 and it opens fine for me, but of course diff complexes have diff minimum weights

·
Registered
208 Posts
There are magnetic type whatever thingamagigs that you can buy for 20-40 bucks that are about the size of a can of dip. Google it.. i've *heard* they work. Never tried em. They are for traffic lights though...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Most gated communities have a walkway entrance, too. I used to go in and out that way to visit my g/f before we moved in together and got a house.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
So far my gate hasn't had a problem picking up the bike but the left turn light coming into the complex has yet to work...

There's a magnet thing you can buy to stick under your bike if your so inclined, I know I've seen it on some of the vendor sites but a quick search revealed nothing. Green light? Stop light? Something like that. I'm sure a chunk of anything magnetic under your bike would work.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
dude wtf thats weird...had a gate like that at my old hood..even on my dyno trick bike it registered..just had to put it down on floor..think it was magnets or something tho/

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tried the fast approach/jamming on the brakes approach/screaming at the community association approach/sitting there till someone left approach. out of frustration I rolled up to the gate until my front wheel almost touched the damn thing and it creaked open/shut/open/shut as if it were a recently dumped bipolar ex girlfriend trying to decide if she should slash your tires or give you a round of break up sex. essentially getting the bike to touch the gate and gently nudging it worked but damn it is annoying to have to do that. At least I'm not trapped inside anymore haha...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts