Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my insurance auction bike on the road this week, though the new fairing set doesn't arrive until Wednesday.

Two little issues I haven't been able to resolve:

The ABS light goes on and stays on even when I'm going well above 6mph. But I don't have the ABS model. I did put on a new instrument cluster. Are there different clusters for ABS vs. non ABS. I think I checked part numbers and they were the same.

Anyone know how to turn it off?

The position light doesn't illuminate. Not getting any voltage at the plug. It's on the same fuse as the headlights I'd imagine. Something being amiss with the wiring on that little pigtail would be odd but that could be it unless I'm not considering something obvious.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Can you show a picture of your light that is coming on and the other light that doesn't turn on.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you show a picture of your light that is coming on and the other light that doesn't turn on.
Not much to show but pic is attached showing my ABS light on. It never goes off. I 100% do not have the 2011 ABS model. I may possibly have the ABS headlight/cluster wiring harness.

Also in pic is my uninstalled Position Light. It is plugged into harness but no light. If I plug it into the headlight connector it will light up so no bulb or functionality issues.

Both could be related to the ABS harness, which has one more wire, though why it would affect the position light is beyond me.

I thought of cutting the extra (orange striped) wire but it makes no sense that it would light the ABS light since none of the other ABS electronics exist on the bike.

Stumped.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Can you take out the led/whatever that illuminates the abs light? My guess is you have an abs cluster on a non abs bike, hence the light.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
The ABS led can be removed like stated above, that will solve that problem. Your pilot light should have power though. That is strange. Could check with a meter to make sure you have a ground connection/or power and see which one is missing to keep it from turning on. Worst case jump into the low beam on the headlight to keep it on.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate the advice. Just jumped the position light into the low beam wire and all is well.

I checked the parts schematics again and the ABS cluster is indeed different (one number different), from the regular cluster. Didn't think to ask before I bought it on eBay.

Now that I know I can turn it off it doesn't really bother me :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts