Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a local dealer here whta i have been watching to fet a 03-04 600RR in for the past month, withg no luck.... SO I find a great buy on a blue 04 on Ebay local and buy it....had it a week or 2, i didnt really want blue cause my last 4 bike have been blue... So I see my local dealer get a black/red 04 in and ask him how bad he will kill me on switching colors., I figured a Grand or better. My blue one was nice but not excelent cond, never been down but some small rubs and such form the previous owner not being careful, and it had 8700 miles on it. So the new one has 3000 miles looks BRAND NEW!!!!! Well he trades me for $400!!! I was thrilled.... All said and done, I now have a Red/Black 04 RR!!!!!!! Love it!! I did loose my Jardine slip on, but I kinda wanted a quiet bike for a while anyways.........lol, thanks for listing to my story......

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
congrats man you did great man that was a sweet deal

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Aren't the blue ones faster?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I deleted those cause Im lil slow today, as I did ride the short bus to school.....lol
What I was saying, or trying to say in the deleted posts is that I put a Michelin pilot power on my old RR and it was Freeking Great!! My new one came with a brand new Metzler sportec M1. Dont love the M1 as compared to the Michellin. My first few turns I was to the edge on the Michellin, and I did the same thing on my sportec and didnt feel nearly as stable and am prolly 3/4 of an inch from the side of the tire.....Just my .02........ and IMO

·
Registered
735 Posts
way to keep your eyes open, sounds like a great deal.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Nice deal but believe it or not they will probably sell that blue one with more miles and a slip on for more than what they would get from the red one. Everyone has red. Blue was one year and they disappeared from the dealers. At my dealer my salesman said if he had 4 blue RRs he could sell them all in a week.

Still a damn good deal though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think your salesman was trying to get you to get the "limited edition" ha ha lol, wink wink blue one...Aftermarket stuff at the dealer is worth nothing actually, as I own a car lot and see it all day long....I was just sick of blue, and this one is cleaner!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
good deal, i wish i could do that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts