Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have got to love living in Missouri. Especially down here on the southwest corner. Everywhere you go you've got twistys. Went for a 2 hour ride yesterday after work. How many of you guys live in this area.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm from K.C. but I have ridden my bike down in that area before, and you're right there are some fun twisty roads down there.

Blue RR
Full Micron Exhaust
46 tooth sprocket
Power Commander
Intergrated rear turn signals
Frame/Swingarm Sliders
Blue front turn signals

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Where exactly are you at? Right now I'm in Jefferson City, but I'm from just east of Springfield. You're right, there are some crazy twisties all down there, and it just gets better the further south you go. Make a run into Northern Arkansas some time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm from K.C. but I have ridden my bike down in that area before, and you're right there are some fun twisty roads down there.

Blue RR
Full Micron Exhaust
46 tooth sprocket
Power Commander
Intergrated rear turn signals
Frame/Swingarm Sliders
Blue front turn signals

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hell yeah! I live about 40min north of Joplin and the roads are pretty good for riding here. Get on U.S. 54 just East of El Dorado!

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
here's my back yard :roll:

·
Registered
365 Posts
I hate you all!!!!! We have to drive 3-5hrs away to get anything close to that. This is why I started riding tracks
nothing but this crap.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I live in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Its harder to avoid them than it is to find them.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
jonesti said:
I hate you all!!!!! We have to drive 3-5hrs away to get anything close to that. This is why I started riding tracks
nothing but this crap.
:lol2:

·
Registered
585 Posts
jrdenney said:
You have got to love living in Missouri. Especially down here on the southwest corner. Everywhere you go you've got twistys. Went for a 2 hour ride yesterday after work. How many of you guys live in this area.
See if you can find the "Branson bikers guide" book and hit the roads they suggest. There's like 13 routes. I made a day trip from STL, left at 630am, road to branson, then road the following roads and then made it back up to STL by 9pm

The route I took was...
STL 44 to 65south to 86West to 23south to 16east to 21north to 62North to 86east to 39north to 76east(the best road..for a few miles at least) to 65north and back to STL via 44.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I grew up in Missouri - roads are some of the best - just 2 problems.

1) Deer (buddy hit one on his hurricane when the hurricane was top of the line).

2) Farmers. More than once I've come a **** hair away from blowing up a tractor's ass or a trailer loaded with hay.

And depending on where you are in MO - Amish. As much as I respect the people it is disconcerting to pop over the top of a hill and find yourself ten yards away from a horse and buggy.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Oh man, I'd forgotten about the Amish. They used to drive me nuts. Just cruising along at 4mph without a care in the world. What I really hated was that their buggies would leave these big ruts in the road, right where your passenger tire goes, when it rains that rut fills with water, and it's hydroplane city. I've seen several wrecks because of it, and lost one friend. Every once in a while someone will crash into one of those buggies though, and then they get a little more concious of the cars around them. A few years ago a log truck came over a hill and mowed one of them down, it killed four of them I think, after that they really started doing a lot of work to make the roads safer for everyone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts