Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The camera is on the road, however you can hear me speaking. I had to say the gears out loud so I didn't forget or get mixed up haha.. So far I LOVE this!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get new rearsets or did you modify your stock ones?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I didn't do anything, all I did was tie the hoses out of the way. Also I flipped the shifter linkage, so its facing the left, not the right. I have a picture of it I'll put it up right now. Oh yeah, it's held together with shoe lace, I have to buy zip ties, and also not riding it too much cause my clutch cable is about to snap lol

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh ok. Your hoses aren't being stressed too much?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

it's honestly not even really pulling them. I was thinking about getting a spacer or something, they only need to be moved maybe a centimeter or two for the knob to not rub lol

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you are enjoying the new setup much more than the standard one I take it?
Honestly this is the first time, other then the video (which was yesterday) that I got to ride it, and I took it to the mall, it feels more "natural" to me, I actually had no trouble at all riding around, figuring out gears and where I was or was not. I'd advise it to everyone, it's really something else!

Reactions: Rad Rage

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,281 Posts
Hmmm, if one has been riding for years, would this be an easy adjustment to go GP shifting?

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Hmmm, if one has been riding for years, would this be an easy adjustment to go GP shifting?
Some people have made mistakes when they were transitioning to the GP setup. If you love it enough you will just have to make a conscious effort to remind yourself until it becomes second nature to you.

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,281 Posts
Yeah, maybe I'm too old for that kind of change :crackup: but in all seriousness would probably be weird since my dirt bike would be one way and street the GP way, might be tougher to get used to it and mistakes could happen easier :ponder:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, maybe I'm too old for that kind of change :crackup: but in all seriousness would probably be weird since my dirt bike would be one way and street the GP way, might be tougher to get used to it and mistakes could happen easier :ponder:
No ones ever too old for anything! But I got used to it already. Only thing I really need to remind myself of is neutral is down now lol

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Reactions: TRIBAL05BLACK

·
Banned
543 Posts
When I first started, It took me about 1/2 hour to get used to, but yes you need to practice practice. Once in a while I would forget, and shat my pants.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I did the same thing with my stock rearsets but i covered my hoses in wire conduit and zip tied them on, shift linkage touched the hoses but nothing ever came of it..

Reactions: TRIBAL05BLACK

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
after just watching your video,it looks like youd be much better going back to standard shift,the shifting in that video is terrible

I need a new clutch cable, mines breaking. It engages really almost to 100% pull. That is probably why you hear horrible shifting. I had to force it. Got a clutch cable in the mail now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts