Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past spring I installed a GPR V4 on my 05'. Since then, I get a little oil sweat coming from it. I assumed it was just assembly oil and the heat was making it a little wet, but now it is almost fall, and it still seems to be slightly wet, with the odd splatter flying up onto the inside of my windscreen. It has adjustment from 0 to 20, and I run it around 9 to add a little stability. It has never been cranked higher, but should be alright even if it was? Maybe there's an issue, and I can harass D to fix it, but is this normal, or is there in fact a problem? Anyone know or experience this?

Thx - Chris.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Seals are bad, you can send it back for free repair if you have the receipt. If not it's $20 plus shipping. Just got mine done. Had it for 2 years. T

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
GPR site has a link with all the info on sending it back. T

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a brand new V4 never been used that was doing the exact same thing.

I opened the box and it was covered in oil. I cleaned it up, and a couple of days later the same problem...almost like it was over full :)

In any case, I returned mine. I vote for a seal problem too. However, as long as I owned a Scotts I never had the issue, yet a brand new V4 did....

Imagine after you have had it a while. Makes me think there are just going to be more problems....

Hell, they are on V4...and they still have yet to get it right :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...nice to know I'm not making this crap up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts