Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done or heard of anybody doing this?? would this even work?? I have an old blackberry i am currently not using. I was thinking about putting a 12v accessory plug under my tail for a cell phone. I then was going to activate my old phone as a add-on to my account (i believe its $10 a month). I have been hearing about this app you can put on phones to check where ur family is at at all times. Why not put this app on my extra phone and hide it under the seat somewhere incase of it being stolen??? Is this dumb or is there another sevice that does this already that i am not aware of??

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Has anybody done or heard of anybody doing this?? would this even work?? I have an old blackberry i am currently not using. I was thinking about putting a 12v accessory plug under my tail for a cell phone. I then was going to activate my old phone as a add-on to my account (i believe its $10 a month). I have been hearing about this app you can put on phones to check where ur family is at at all times. Why not put this app on my extra phone and hide it under the seat somewhere incase of it being stolen??? Is this dumb or is there another sevice that does this already that i am not aware of??
Yeah you are talking about lo Jack or celevoke gps tracking system. I guess you can try it out by using the black berry gps and see how well it will work.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive used it while walking in my house ant it will actually show me moving throughout my house as i hold it in my hand

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
ive used it while walking in my house ant it will actually show me moving throughout my house as i hold it in my hand
Let's say if you place the blk berry under the seat and started to ride around town, how can the end user track it? I had a celevoke gps tracking system I was able to track it via my iPhone or using any computer real time.

·
Registered
533 Posts
if you talk to most remote start places that install alarms also they will tell you they can hot wire inline a gps tracker that is designed for a car. only problem is teh services they offer have very spotty coverage and don't have an alarm feature unless they wire in an additional unit. If I had to do it over again I would have hurried up and rushed and installed the scorpio rlink alarm system. Its the only one on teh market that has alarm and gps tracker built in. i hesitated on purchasing it because they didn't have teh sirens built for the units yet and were already selling them. yes the lights would flash and it would alert but no audio tone due to requiring a separate than the horn.

talk to the people at hardracing.com, great customer service, best prices

·
Registered
147 Posts
A company called GSI sells a GPS motorcycle alarm. It takes a sim card for the tracking. I haven't tried it, or know of anyone who has tried it.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/GSI-Quality-Motorcycle-Waterproof-Tracking/dp/B003KJ1S0O[/ame]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts