Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do people do graphic kits oppose to fairing sets or its usually frown upon?

I wasn't specifically looking for one, but came across this one and I got to say it looks pretty hot to me. its about $200 I think.

thoughts..?

·
Registered
475 Posts
DO NOT COPY MY BIKE j/k man

i bought the same kit of ebay for 163 shipped, if you look at my posts you can see pics of it on my 08.

·
Registered
475 Posts
not to bad, get yourself a hair dryer (sp?),needle,a credit card, wet rag or rubbing alcohol. Make sure everything is really clean before putting them on. The vinyl is pretty think also so not to worried about it scratching.

I didnt exactly follow the instructions. I peeled off the whole back of the parts, started in a corner or where it seemed good (uppers are tricky) and worked the parts into place using the hair dryer to warm them up and make them more flexible. They fit pretty well but take a bit of maneuvering around. You will see a small amount of fairing under the vinyls though. I still have a few bubbles and couple lil creases i need to work out.

Overall its pretty simple and if you take your time its work out well. Heat them up a lil to be easier to work, use the credit card to apply rough area or where it is creasing, a needle to work out lil air bubble (poke a small hole in them and work the air out inwards toward the hole). Overall took me about 3-4 hours. sorting the parts sucks b/c it isn't clear totally. Just look at the pic and at the bike. pm me if you get the kit and have anymore questions. gl man. I got mine on ebay for 163 shipped. seller is i5motorcycle. took hime about 10-14 days to get it to me i believe.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
hahah... nice... how was the process of putting it on?
Ive done graphics on my dirt bikes and if its anything like that process don't even try it yourself, that tank looks like a bunch of air bubbles in the making. Dirt bikes can be done with a hair dryer and squeegee pretty easy, but that tank looks like it would be really hard. Also some people use soap and water on the plastic lay the graphic out and squeegee the water out(water makes it easier to lay graphic out and move it in place, and push bubbles out, with Dirtbikes anyways)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea. seen it... found it on a website actually. about the same price.. like the design, but curios to see more.

can you post some up close pictures? I looked through your posts(all 300 of them) and didn't find anything....

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
not to bad, get yourself a hair dryer (sp?),needle,a credit card, wet rag or rubbing alcohol. Make sure everything is really clean before putting them on. The vinyl is pretty think also so not to worried about it scratching.

I didnt exactly follow the instructions. I peeled off the whole back of the parts, started in a corner or where it seemed good (uppers are tricky) and worked the parts into place using the hair dryer to warm them up and make them more flexible. They fit pretty well but take a bit of maneuvering around. You will see a small amount of fairing under the vinyls though. I still have a few bubbles and couple lil creases i need to work out.

Overall its pretty simple and if you take your time its work out well. Heat them up a lil to be easier to work, use the credit card to apply rough area or where it is creasing, a needle to work out lil air bubble (poke a small hole in them and work the air out inwards toward the hole). Overall took me about 3-4 hours. sorting the parts sucks b/c it isn't clear totally. Just look at the pic and at the bike. pm me if you get the kit and have anymore questions. gl man. I got mine on ebay for 163 shipped. seller is i5motorcycle. took hime about 10-14 days to get it to me i believe.
The thing that sucks with that when u pop a bubble it still shows up in the sun and doesnt' look right imo.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The thing that sucks with that when u pop a bubble it still shows up in the sun and doesnt' look right imo.

ah, i didnt know this, but when i pop it with the needle i also heat it up with the hair dryer afterwards so it sticks down, but if this is the case. You may want to just work out all the air bubbles with the credit card. Could be a huge pain in the a$$ though.

·
Registered
475 Posts
yea. seen it... found it on a website actually. about the same price.. like the design, but curios to see more.

can you post some up close pictures? I looked through your posts(all 300 of them) and didn't find anything....

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=168368

To find it, go to the persons profile, in this case mine. and look for the all threads by this person link.

I will try to get some good close ups for you (those pics are just from my cell phone), remember that yours will look different and maybe even better, im not a professional and this was my first time. You could always geta tint place or vinyl shope to do it for a fee also.

if you look at my thread, you can notice the silver on the lower and the black in teh mids. I put the decals on off the bike but if you could do it on, maybe you could make it where you dont se much stock fairings from standing by it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
ah, i didnt know this, but when i pop it with the needle i also heat it up with the hair dryer afterwards so it sticks down, but if this is the case. You may want to just work out all the air bubbles with the credit card. Could be a huge pain in the a$$ though.
Yes I also heat them as I pop them it makes it alot easier, but they still kinda look rippled even after that, I use a squeegee a little stiffer then a CC, I have a friend who's dad does this for a living and he does a few of my buddy's dirt bikes and he does a amazing job!! But even he says its alot harder cause of the curves(he's used to doing signs). So it can be done perfect, I just can't do it.

I do like your colors scheme though.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ive done graphics on my dirt bikes and if its anything like that process don't even try it yourself, that tank looks like a bunch of air bubbles in the making. Dirt bikes can be done with a hair dryer and squeegee pretty easy, but that tank looks like it would be really hard. Also some people use soap and water on the plastic lay the graphic out and squeegee the water out(water makes it easier to lay graphic out and move it in place, and push bubbles out, with Dirtbikes anyways)
the tank was pretty easy, probably the easiest one. hardest part is getting the exact placement on both sides. (mine is off a tad) the heardest is the uppers and the mid lil black piece where it dips is, the ddint give enough material in this spot so it doesnt cover everything. I cut the piece on on side (smaller piece by the back) and made it fit in to cover most of the spot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts