Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hopping someone on here can help me. I have recently noticed globs of grease occasionally appearing by my kick stand. Is it possible that this is chain lube globbing up and getting thrown on the lower fairing or is it an indicator of something more serious?
Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

Attachments

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I'm hopping someone on here can help me. I have recently noticed globs of grease occasionally appearing by my kick stand. Is it possible that this is chain lube globbing up and getting thrown on the lower fairing or is it an indicator of something more serious?
Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated

Yes, it's just built up grease and dirt from riding. You do not need to rebuild your motor. What you can do is take off the front sprocket cover and give everything a nice clean down. Globs of grease will build up really bad in there if it's not cleaned every once and a while.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Looks like someone got a little over-zealous lubing the chain. I use a spray lube once a month.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'll give everything a good through cleaning and be less generous with the lube.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Don't worry about how much lube you use, it's better to have to much and just get some dirty build up then not have enough and your chain fly apart on the freeway cuz it got to hot... Just my .02

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had similar, but less serious grease problem like yours, I would say clean it up nicely man.

while u are cleaning the front sprocket, it won't hurt to clean ur rear sprocket, chain, front sprocket cover and along the way to ur kickstand too. I , who knows when would it splash on ur rear wheel?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Use some Simple Green. It will clean your kickstand and inner side plastics up well.

·
Registered
279 Posts
What he said. My bike is squeaky clean thanks to Simple Green.

However, I'd just place a mirror on the floor right where you have these gobs of grease and find out where all of it is coming from first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts