Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no idea who this number 1 old school racer, but probably best save i've seen:banger: enjoy :cruising:
blake young
hacking
edwards

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nice! So with the Blake Young video, how did he save while fishtailing like that. Do you stay on the gas or let off, hit the gas even harder? Just blind luck??

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
good to watch over and over, haha make me feel good inside.

as far as blake, man i wish i knew, mb a combo of staying on throttle, counterstreer and luck. wonder what he said to himself as he ducked his head down afterwards probably something like, i need a fukn beer after this ****

·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! So with the Blake Young video, how did he save while fishtailing like that. Do you stay on the gas or let off, hit the gas even harder? Just blind luck??
chopping the throttle will almost every time lead to a high side. all chopping does is load the energy into your shock even more so; most times leading to a high side. THE most violent of crashes w/supersport bikes

you stay on throttle & depending what the bike's doing depends on giving more throttle, maintaining current amount of throttle, or slightly & we're talking micro adjustments here, that take years to learn, extremely slightly roll barely off, then back to same or more throttle; again depending on where the tail of the bike is.
pretty confident all these examples were saved due to staying @ same throttle or giving the bike more gas. hacking & his bike were down & he maintained throttle & somehow regained traction w/the rear end then once he's back on the bike slows down. likely due to disbelief that he saved it. don't remember if he poduimed or not, but do remember his interview after the race.
much better example w/interview afterwards :banger:

i would never suggest experimenting while street riding @ a pace where these sort of step outs w/the rear end can happen. even on a track that's not what you're trying to do. regardless, when riding a bike to it's limits you're gonna slide the rear @ some point

easiest answer is whatever caused the slide will typically recover under same throttle input. no more, or less. however, all answers are dependent on each situation......

with dirtbikes; almost always giving more gas, will straighten the bike out :banger:

·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
you guys are whining about a thread that's well over 3 1/2 yrs old..... seriously???

most of the links in thread you linked are dead
look for yourself

:cheers:

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
you guys are whining about a thread that's well over 3 1/2 yrs old..... seriously???

look for yourself

nah I'm cool. I just wanted an excuse to post up spiderman memes while im in the hospital... only decent thing they had on tv was Big Bang Theory.

·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

nah I'm cool. I just wanted an excuse to post up spiderman memes while im in the hospital... only decent thing they had on tv was Big Bang Theory.
oh? you were bored......
it's all good, some things are worth repeating/reposting regardless

no worries, brother.....
here you go, to struck for the comic book theme :shakehand

may this help pass some time
http://www.procypher.com/iphone/

·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gino rea's save 2 wks ago was awesome. probably the best one i saw this season.

werd

we can give bushwacker rides; for practice :banger:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

look for yourself

hey dont tell me how to live my life...

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
The Edwards and Hacking saves were very reminiscent of Super Sic. Just goes to show you how freakish that accident was.... Still heartbroken....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts