Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Having a great time in Bangkok and will get back to riding a real bike when I get back stateside on Saturday. I was stuck riding a 250cc dirtbike around Cambodia so at least I'm curbing my addition.

Being that it's over 30 degree's Celcius here, I could see our bikes really overheating and not surviving.

Also, I guess trying to teach a newb how to ride in REALLY heavy traffic was a bad idea....

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
yeah, those transformers are sometimes hard to spot. jsut look for the adam;s apple - always a dead give away! :mrgreen: anyways, sorry to see the reults of curb vs. ankle and elbow. alway to be sure to say "korp kuhn krop" (thank you for those who don't know thai - not that i know a whole lot, just the phrases to be polite)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Riding in Bangkok. You are brave. If you want to find a fun road go to chiang mai. There's a mountain that's a national park right outside town. We rented Honda Dream (brand loyalty) motorbikes and took it up the mountain. The road is amazing as it snakes up the mountain. Very tight. Maybe too tight for our bikes to really enjoy. You'd never get out of first gear. It would be awesome on something smaller like a kart or minimoto bike. Maybe a 125 or 250 GP bike. I saw a NC30/VFR400rr in a shop there but it was a customer bike not for rent. Now that would have been fun. Anyway we were draggin pegs on those scooters. It was too tempting. If you are up near Kachanaburi there's an outfit there called Tyga Performance that specializes in NSR250s and some of the small V4s. Maybe they'd let you go for a spin.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We're heading to Phuket today so we will get bikes there and cruise the island. Not too many twisties that I'd be draggin knee on since drivers seem to take both lanes! :mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts