Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently picked up an 2006 600rr and I test drove it before buying it and it seemed to run fine. One thing was the oil pressure light was on and my friend said no problems withthe oil pressure so I looked into it and it might just be the MAP pressure sensor is bad. I didn't have a mechanic look at it since it was a close friend.

SInce them I've rode it for a couple weeks DAILY and no overheating, no problems or symptoms like white smoke coming from the exhaust. However, on the first oil change TODAY I found green color in the oil. My first though was OH NO "THATS the exact color of the coolant and it's mixing" but I read it could be nothing. I rode it this morning and still no symptoms of a blown head gasket.

I just now emptied the oil and found green coloring in the oil.

Without pressure testing is it safe to assume I have a blown head gasket and the coolant is mixing? If so why does the bike run good and how is it that it been driven and driven hard with no performance issues?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing
You're welcome. I'm still concerned with this. I've since put about 3000 miles on it. I DAILY ride it 80 miles a day and I don't hold back . My latest concern is with the "Oil level rising/increasing" in the sight glass. I just did an oil change and the level was between the lines after starting and shutting it down to check it. Then 2 weeks later the level looks like its overfilled. I read up on this symptom and it could be fuel entering and mixing with the oil. However this bike is running the same as when I first got it. I opened the oil fill and smelled and I can't really tell if it smells like gas, kind of does, but not sure. Two oil changes now and when I drain it, the oil does seem a bit thinner than my last two sport bikes' oil changes. Any thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts