Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know security is one of the biggest issues with bikes. Sure you can put 12 disc locks on your bike and chain it to the ground with 100feet of chain wrapped around the spike. And he can still get it. But every little deterrant counts. Have you guys seen http://www.grip-lock.com/ ?

The ad popped up on my facebook and they look pretty cool

For those who dont wanna goto the site

Features:

• Highly visible
  • Compact (fits easily in pocket, bag or glove compartment)
  • Self explanatory, quick and easy. If security is easy you're more likely to use it every time.
  • Laboratory developed and tested to resist extreme impact levels.
  • Strong yet lightweight. Three hardened steel inserts will destroy hacksaw blades.
  • Fits most scooters, motorcycles and quads.
  • Stops embarassing falls - Unlike disc locks, you can't forget it's in place, no bending, no disc dirt and street grime.
  • Highly adjustable for twist grip size and brake lever position - on clutch or brake lever, with brake on or off - while still immobilising the twist grip. Slider allows you to adjust the desired amount of pressure on the brake.
  • Anti drill, anti pick lock barrel with 50,000 key combinations.
  • Key not required to lock.
  • Used on the front bake lever will keep the bike from being pushed off the center or side stand.
  • Used on the rear brake lever will hold the back tyre from spinning allowing for the loosening or re-torquing of the clutch nut when doing belt, clutch and variator maintenance.
Specifications:

• Grip Guide: Fits 95% of all motorcycles. Twist grip sizes from 27-38mm diameter plus 3 grip inserts of varying sizes.
  • Keys: 2 flat blade anti-pick keys.
  • Casing: High pressure injection moulded with 30% glass filled nylon
  • Reinforcement: Reinforced with 3 x 3.1mm hardened steel rods - specifically designed to be harder than hacksaw blades
  • Colour: Choose from 5 colours - yellow, red, black, green, pink
  • Weight: 330g (11.05oz)
  • Dimensions: 15 cm long x 4.5cm x 5cm (6" x 1-3/4" x 2")
  • Stainless Steel Pins: Stainless steel hinge and locating pins for weather durability
  • Raised mounting platform - Protected by raised ring border to prohibit forcible removal
  • Labelling: High quality poly carbonate identification panels to survive extreme weather (made to endure New Zealands severe weather conditions)'
For that price its worth a shot eh? its 59$ so. What do u guys think? I understand it wont stop the dude from picking your bike up etc.. But its lightweight fits in a pocket this plus disc lock? ionno. I have the xena XX-14 disc lock already.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Trouble is with that, most thieves don't ride them away, they pick them up and load them into a truck or van.
Every little helps though, I guess.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think anything will help. This along with a rear disc lock will do good. The thieves will have to life the bike completely off the floor to get it on a van or truck. But, if they want your bike, they will get it. Insurance is your best recovery method.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts