Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a problem me left grip on my bar has started to slip, has anyone got a solution to this, thanks all

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Problem with safety wire is it looks dodgy... I don't mind hairspray, need to redo it every now and then but my wife has plenty of the stuff.

S

·
0 Posts
Problem with safety wire is it looks dodgy... I don't mind hairspray, need to redo it every now and then but my wife has plenty of the stuff.
I agree with Nico, safety wire IMO looks a bit tacky and I don't like the idea of strangling the grip on the throttle tube. Worse case is you need to re-glue it every season not a big deal. For the price of them, I would just replace them with new (unless their D-3's) then deff the re-glue route.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
ive been selling/installing grips among other parts lately and from what ive seen glue and hairsray works good but sometimes gums up from heat or moisture and lets the grip rotate if forced

ive been cleaning all the glue residue and using a little shot of spray paint in the grip then quickly rotating the grip into place which spreads the paint throughout the grip, the wet paint makes it slide on pretty easy and is dry and tight in just a few minutes!

sounds crazy but it works great and theres always some spray paint around!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts