Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
try some of the dual compound grips from either 'progrip' or 'renthal'. Both make good stuff. Maybe also consider some weighted bar ends and a crampbuster? Both of those really helped with the long rides.

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
Driven d3 I have them and love them. Helps my hands a ton. They are a little thicker compared to renthal but I love them

Sent via iPhone 4s

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i dont get it, how do grips make a difference when you are wearing ur thick leather gloves ?? i switched my stock grips to D3 only for aesthetics, they look 10 times better but never fealt any difference in comfort. I dont know maybe my hands arent as sensitive

·
Registered
760 Posts
i dont get it, how do grips make a difference when you are wearing ur thick leather gloves ?? i switched my stock grips to D3 only for aesthetics, they look 10 times better but never fealt any difference in comfort. I dont know maybe my hands arent as sensitive

What gloves are you wearing? DD I use ICON's and when I wore those I never felt a difference.. but with my track gloves .. ohh yeahh I can deffinatly feel a difference with the grips.
D3 knockoffs here! Love them..

OP, if your experiencing cramping and dead hands then you may be riding with too much weight on your hands/wrist.. also deathgrip is another common mistake riders make.. at any given time my grip is about as tight as it takes to hold a small bird without hurting it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
...if your experiencing cramping and dead hands then you may be riding with too much weight on your hands/wrist.. also deathgrip is another common mistake riders make.. at any given time my grip is about as tight as it takes to hold a small bird without hurting it.
I came from more upright bikes so that's the main thing I've been working on, especially under braking. Being able to hold on with pretty much no hands takes practice but it makes a huge difference. I've almost got it down and it's a night and day difference, not only in the wrists and hands but overall control and confidence on the bike. I actually rode with both hands off the bars for the first time yesterday...lol

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Driven d3 I have them and love them. Helps my hands a ton. They are a little thicker compared to renthal but I love them

Sent via iPhone 4s
Was looking at those d3's also. Was wondering if the aluminium ring felt ok, looks like it has a indentation around it. In others words are they comfy enough to ride all day with?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts